2 - opening the closet

"Find six more of those before you go home please Keith?" Kim called across the classroom filled with the props for the spring play.

"Where did the dress go for Sally? It needs a new zipper." She yelled out scanning the group of teens busily organizing.

"It's here!" She heard a voice yell from somewhere in the chaos.

"Please make sure it gets to alterations?... Like walk it over there right now please." She motioned her hands in a circle as if to encourage the younger student to move faster.

The staff she was charged with were young but she would whip them into shape before show time.

"Finish the tasks on your list and then come to the lounge. Hint that means hurry up and you should have it all done or almost done already!" She yelled over the room.

Once her team was gone she would have to double check everything they did and then organize the drama room into a usable space again. She had easily four more hours of work after they finished up.

She sat in her favorite spot waiting for the team to converge around her.

"I brought you an Iced coffee!" A bright voice said from beside her, making her look up from her notes.

"How did you know?" Kim asked sighing. She took the drink and savored a nice long sip.

"What kind of best friend slash assistant would I be if I didn't know these things?" Aneese said shaking her head. "How are things going with... all of this?" She motioned her hand in a circle indicating the scene before them.

"Ugh, good I think. They are young but eager so I will have them trained pretty quickly. But there is a lot to do this go-round." Kim leaned back in her chair and took a long swig of her coffee and ran through her clipboard of notes again.

"Finishing up means you get to go home!" Aneese yelled into the room at no one in particular.

"Kim? My list says line shoes up for polish in the shoe cabinet and there isn't any room." A confused boy said showing her the list she had handed him earlier in the day.

"Ok, show me." She hoisted herself out of the cozy chair and made a face at her friend. "Don't think I am not coming back for that chair." She warned.

"Never!" Aneese said in pretend shock.

"Ok let's see what is going on with the shoes." She turned to the boy who instantly looked relieved.

*
Kim waved at the last of her staff as they were picked up leaving her and Aneese alone in the drama room.

"Eddy should be here soon, if he isn't already, to go over the light board, With his new minions, uh Nick and... Ava. Which means they will be in the auditorium while we finish up in here." Kim filled her assistant in on the plan for the rest of the afternoon.

"Why is it that the minions get to go home and we are left here schlepping props and costumes?" Aneese complained only half kidding.

"Because Mrs Jarardy could only stay until noon and they can't be here if she isn't." Kim said nudging her friend to get up from her seat on the arm of the chair.

"Well, why are we allowed to stay? Don't we need supervision? I feel the need to be supervised." Aneese continued her whining.

"Ms. Beck is in the office, so technically we are being supervised." Kim said pulling her friend by the arm. "Don't worry we only have another week before the rest of our crew joins us." Kim assured her.

" who thought it was a good idea to start with all the newbies first? It's the WORST they are like babies and almost all freshman." She said like it was a disgusting thought.