Chapter 1

Alden was one of the first people to arrive at the tea party. He was wearing a purple dress which looked like it was made of book covers. Hundreds of titles decorated his thighs and arms and Alden seemed quite proud of it . He twirled around multiple times telling people what the books on his dress were about. Most of the people present seemed to find the dress lacking taste being too flashy and believing men should only wear discreet colors. They talked about it behind his back with huge grins. Alden did as if nothing but he knew perfectly well how people reacted when seeing his creations. He didn't care about others' opinions and liked wearing what he wanted. It was really important to him and somewhere he was even relieved to see people bad mouthing him. If they didn't then that would mean he was wearing a dress those gossip eating birds liked and he couldn't have that.

As he was continuing twirling around, a surprising guest arrived rather late at the tea party. The man had hair the color of dried blood and was always wearing his knights uniforme. He seemed really depressed at the idea of being present at this party and everyone was just as surprised seeing him attending. Tyon was the commander of the 3rd division of knights and had multiple medals testifying of his contribution to the country's peace. He was so valuable that the Emperor himself rewarded him with the title of Duke. Tyon Farroworb was a talented knight and all his talent and life seemed to have been invested into knighthood. He didn't like socializing and rarely came to events. When he did he stood in a corner and drank looking at people menacingly. Then why was he present at this tea party? No one had any idea but the few curious who dared approach him quickly gave up. It was impossible speaking to that man.

Alden didn't pay any attention to Tyon. He was way too absorbed into his new dress and danced on his chair happily. Tyon noticed the strange movement and rolled his eyes. He really hated noble men who thought about only their appearance. If a monster came to attack them, Tyon would have to protect them while they were screaming at the top of their lungs, scared that their dress would get damaged. He couldn't stand that and ignored Alden for the rest of the evening. Alden wasn't hurt at all, on the contrary. He hated knights more than anything in the world and Tyon wasn't an exception. He crossed paths with him two or three times in his life and he witnessed himself how cold the knight commander was. Who would be dumb enough to approach him of their own vollition?

Tyon looked at the clock a lot and stood up the second it was acceptable to leave. He rushed to the entrance but Alden decided to breathe some air at the same time and they collided, Alden spilling his drink on his dress and he let a little scream escape his lips, really sad about his dress getting ruined. Tyon looked at his armor getting spoiled and was really pissed too. He looked at Alden feeling his blood boil:

"Look where you're going."

Alden would have apologized if Tyon's tone wasn't so irritating:

"We both collided. It is not only my fault."

Tyon frowned. Being a commander he wasn't used to people talking back to him. Usually he only heard : "yes commander" or "as you wish commander". Hearing someone question his innocence made his blood boil:

"We wouldn't have collided if you hadn't been so hung up on that awful dress."

That was too much. Alden went red with anger ready to scream. He didn't care if people didn't like his dress but the dress just got ruined and Tyon criticizing him openly made him want to punch someone:

"My dress was just fine until you spoiled it completely.

-No one decent would wear something like that. I pity your parents for the shame you must put them through."

Alden scoffed:

"My parents have nothing to do in this conversation but I could understand how someone like you might think otherwise. You don't seem like someone who likes to think for themself. Is that why you became a knight? From your parent's to the Emperor's authority? It must be relaxing having so much free time for your brain."