22- A new Sensei and a pouting Shisui

2 years later....

Izumi's POV:

Welp, I'm 10 and became a jounin while Itachi and Shisui became anbu members. Fugaku decided to have Itachi join either way saying that he's skilled enough. I was requested whether I want to join the anbu or not by Minato. Then I got approached by Danzo later on to join ROOT. He tried to talk to me privately many times but I made things difficult by body flickering away or moving to a crowded place. But he got to me privately after about 2 months of chasing.

———————————————————————————

Flashback:

3 weeks ago....

I sensed an unfamiliar chakra signature again. It was the same one from before and I always felt their eyes were always on me. Without a doubt, it was Danzo trying to reach me. Problem is, there were no crowds nearby. I could've easily body flickered away but that would be revealing a third of my chakra that I have suppressed. I've suppressed a third of my chakra to disguise my chakra storage because I improved my chakra storage a bit too much that it's comparable to high jounin level. The next solution would be to teleport away but that would put Danzo under the impression that I had put him in a genjutsu or discover my Pokémon abilities and know I'm capable of using abilities without the usage of chakra and that cannot happen. So I had to let Danzo meet me.

Let's just say it went... okay? He was really ominous and creepy looking but I managed to get him to leave me alone by saying that I already have someone training me. From that, he automatically assumed Minato was training me since we were both somewhat close. Minato, Kushina and Naruto were invited to Itachi's and Sasuke's birthday parties and I get invited too since I'm close with Itachi and Mikoto. It wasn't true at all but worked and he left. But he might've approached Itachi and Shisui so I went to check. Seemed like Danzo didn't approach them yet so I warned them to be cautious of the old fart and to not blindly trust the council apart from Minato since that's what led them to their deaths in canon.

———————————————————————————

It was annoying but since Danzo assumed that Minato was my sensei, I had to somehow make that true because he might check if Minato is truly my sensei. If he were to find out that Minato is actually not training me then it's obvious that the old fart will become a pest and try to manipulate me. At this point, joining the anbu now or getting Minato to become my sensei is probably the only way I won't get pestered by Danzo. I don't want to join the anbu yet so that's going to be a last resort. Minato is a very busy man since he's hokage which puts me in a tight spot. So I managed to come up with a solution.

Try becoming Minato's student first. If that fails then try to become Kakashi or Rin's student.

It should still work if I were to become Kakashi's or Rin's student since they're both students of Minato. But becoming Minato's student would mean more trust and I could possibly get him to have me go join the Akatsuki undercover and put in a mission for it so that when I return or if I return, I could rejoin the village without any repercussions.

I went to the Hokage office to meet with Minato. I knocked on the door and heard a come in from Minato. I opened the door while Minato looked up from his mountain of paperwork. Oh gosh. "Do you need something Izumi?" I shook my head before I started signing. "It's more like a request." Minato raised an eyebrow at this but stayed quiet, I took that as a sign to continue.