Chapter 2: Party Turned Sleepover Pt 1. Feb 23

The rest of the week had gone by fast. Soon it was February 23rd, Elliot Sterling's 15th birthday. This is going to be the first birthday he has with friends.

Elliot was ecstatic. Everyone could tell how happy he was. Especially since Milly was coming over. Sure, he was excited about more friends coming over but is joyful that his first friend, that isn't his siblings, stuck around.

As Elliot looked around the big house, he noticed his siblings were, surprisingly, at work to ensure everything was perfect. But you can't have two busy siblings working without hearing them yell at each other.

"OH! COME ON, JAKE!" Zoey shouted from the kitchen. Elliot sees Jake run out of the kitchen and then starts running upstairs, "I said I was sorry!" Jake shouts.

Soon enough, Zoey runs out of the kitchen, covered in white powder, with a spatula. Elliot couldn't help but giggle.

"Why am I not surprised..."  Elliot thought. It was pretty obvious Jake couldn't bake even if his life depended on it. "He's an amateur at best when cooking, but baking? Nope."  He thought again.

A smile on his face at the thought. Remembering all the times Jake almost burnt the house down trying to make cookies.

Looking over at the clock, he noticed it was only 1:30. The party began at 3, and there was still so much to do.

Elliot knew his siblings didn't want him to do everything himself, but he wanted to help somehow. He knew there wasn't much he could help with since it was his birthday, so he went into the basement.

Their basement consisted of living space and three separate rooms. On one side of the wall was the room Elliot was given to make a little space for himself, filled with some things of his that wouldn't fit the theme of his room. Then on the other two walls was Jake and Zoey's space, Jake's to the far right of the stairs, the door in a small hallway-ish area, and Zoey's to the left, going under the stairs.

Elliot decided to clean up the living space. It was the perfect place for everyone to sleep in. The party was going to be an average party for a few hours, but then it was going to be a sleepover.

He ensured nothing was in the way, out of place, or downright weird. During that time, Jake and Zoey resolved their conflict for the most part and went back to baking. Well, Jake went to set the table while Zoey baked.

------------------------------

Almost 2 hours flew by, and before they knew it, there was a knock at the door. Jake and Zoey froze.

They both stared at each other, trying to quickly place the items in their hands away so they could hide. As they did that, Elliot went to open the door.

Running, the duo quickly got to the basement door before Elliot even opened the front door. They rushed down to the basement as fast as they could, but not before standing at the steps of the now-closed door to hear Elliot greeting everyone into the home.

They heard murmurs from some but excitement from a few. The duo knew It was Milly and two other people, but they couldn't pinpoint the voice.

They just sided to hang out downstairs, away from everyone. The basement was their little getaway from everything and almost anything. Besides the things that made them happy.

------------------------------

When Elliot went to open the front door, he noticed Zoey and Jake running to the basement.

"Of course," Elliot mumbled.

When he opened the door, everyone he invited was there, but one specific person was standing in the front, Milly. She had a smile on her face as she looked at him.