Chapter 17: Arcade Disaster

We're bringing on our favorite childhood best friends turned lovers. That's right, Luke and Zander! I have to give them their moments too. As much as I want to keep writing and getting to the Jailey, I also need to write about Lander. There isn't as much, but there's a bit.

Luke was playing on a claw machine, trying to get Zander a grape plush.

He insisted he tried, but Zander, on the other hand, didn't want Luke to waste his time trying to get a plush. Luke did it anyway. Zander said he had to go to the bathroom while Sean went to grab his backpack from the booth. But Luke wasn't fazed.

He was too caught up in his goal and feelings to care about anything else.

He was lovesick. He wanted to get something for Zander, to at least try to get Zander to see that he loved him.

Luke loved Zander with all his heart. Nothing he thought of could ever express his feelings for the purple-haired boy.

He finally won the grape plush, jumping with join like a five-year-old boy until he heard someone tap his shoulder.

"Hey, Luke-" "AH!" Luke shouted, terrified. That was until he noticed Jake, and Luke grew embarrassed.

"S-sorry, Jake, you startled me," Luke said, "What do you need?" Luke asked as he knelt to grab the plush.

"I noticed you seemed a bit down," Jake said, "You okay?" Jake asked, and Luke looked down a bit.

"Should I tell him?"  Luke asked himself, "The truth is, I...I'm having love issues." Luke started, embarrassed about how he worded it in his head.

"Well, I could help you if you like, maybe help the girls see-" "That's just it, Jake," Luke cut him off, "I have a crush on Zander," Luke said.

"DID YOU SAY ZANDER?!" Jake shouted, and a few people looked over at Jake. Luke saw Hailey with an unamused expression on her face, "Do you have to make a spectacle everywhere you go, Jake?" Hailey asked, spooking Jake.

"S-sorry," Jake said, "I-i didn't mean to. It's just- I had no idea it would be Zander, of all people!" Jake exclaimed.

"Well, Luke and Zander are childhood best friends," Hailey began telling Jake, but Luke tuned them out.

Best friends.

That term urks Luke.

He doesn't think of Zander as a best friend anymore. He wanted something more. He wanted their relationship to become something more than just best friends.

Luke didn't expect Zander to like him like that. (Me in a corner blasting, "Are you sure about that," The remix on max volume: ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THAT)

"Luke?" Zander said, and Luke jumped, startled by his best friend, "You okay?" Zander asked, and Luke nodded sheepishly. He didn't want to let Zander know how he felt just yet.

"Are Hailey and Jake fighting?" Zander asked, confused. That was when Luke realized Jake and Hailey were arguing about where Bethany and Milo went.

"How did you lose track of them?!" Hailey exclaimed, "They were right next to you and me!" 

"Gee, I don't know, Princess, maybe I was distracted!" Jake exclaimed. (Distracted by Hailey~)

"Um, how long have they been arguing?" Zander asked, "I don't know, actually...Got lost in thought," Luke said, and that's when the realization hit them.

"Wait! You lost Bethany?!" Zander exclaimed.

------------------------------

Elliot, Milly, and Zoey were walking around, had just gotten slushies, and were looking for the others.