Chapter 3: Party Turned Sleepover Pt 2. He Can Sing?!

To clarify, if anyone needs it. Elliot, Jake, and Zoey were given one room in the basement. It's not where they sleep, they have those rooms on the second floor, but I just wanted to let you guys know just in case my description of it wasn't the best. I also don't know the year of this, so it's replaced with XX. You'll see why I wrote that later. Also, the cool thing about Jake's room in the basement is that it has another section to it, walled over with a door leading to it, a two-room in one deal. Think of it as a recording studio with enormous open space, but then a smaller room to the side only connected by a door. (A little spoiler: Jake's room in the basement is a music room. His room door has words carved into it, A Music Freaks Domain.)

(The song above is made by Thomas Fiss. I felt like this song fit him perfectly, and because Thomas Fiss is one of three singing VAs for Jake made it even better!!!) 

Jake ran into the kitchen when he saw no one was looking into the house. He knew they wouldn't be coming in for a bit but didn't want to jinx it.

He grabbed a few snacks from the cupboards, some drinks, and more from the pantry before looking to the sliding glass door to check if anyone was coming.

"Coast is clear." Jake thought. Dashing for the basement door, but not before looking back to see a teal-haired girl looking straight at him. This made him rush downstairs even more.

"She saw me! She saw me! She so saw me!" Jake freaked as he ran down the stairs. Zoey was sitting on the couch in the living space, watching tv. She glanced up at her distressed-looking brother.

Jake knew Zoey's sibling senses were kicking in. When he looked at her from the platform before the last three steps, he could see she knew exactly what he was talking about.

"Who saw you?" Zoey asked, sitting up from the couch. Jake went and set everything on the coffee table.

"Hailey. She saw me!" Jake said, and Zoey looked shocked.

"WHAT! We're so screwed!" Zoey shouted, putting his head into her hands.

"How do you think I feel?! I'm the one who always picked on her!" Jake said. He was frantic. He hoped Hailey wouldn't ask if anyone was still in the house. The only ones on the property were him, Zoey, Elliot, and everyone invited to the party. That's when Jake realized something.

"I realize now that maybe the basement isn't the ideal place to hide in," Jake said. Zoey looked at him, shocked.

"Ya think?! We could've just hidden in our rooms!" Zoey said with frustration, and Jake looked at her sheepishly.

"H-hey! At least we can do our own thing. We have our separate rooms down here. Why not make use of them?" Jake asked. Zoey looked like she considered it.

"Well, you have a point, and since you decided we're going to stick down here until they see us, we might as well do something to pass the time that isn't the tv of socials," Zoey said. Jake looked at her with a smirk.

"Well, for the record, you didn't mention anything about bedrooms when we were thinking of places to hide, so us being stuck down here is both our fault," Jake said, and Zoey looked at him.

The two stared at each other. Jake had narrowed eyes and a smirk, while Zoey looked astonished at what he said.

"..." Jake was silent, still smirking at his younger sister. Zoey looked like she couldn't form a word to counter what he said.

"...Okay, fine. Maybe it was both our fault we're stuck down here," Zoey said, and Jake looked at her with a confident smile.

"It seems I was right again--" Jake was cut off by screaming upstairs. "WHAT'S DOWN THERE THAT YOU'RE SO AFRAID TO SHOW US?!" Someone yelled. But Jake knew exactly who that voice belonged to; Zander.