Chapter 15: A Fun-Filled Weekend

(A weekend of fun after two angst/wholesome-filled chapters.) Also! Look at this excellent video. It's SO ABORABLE!!!!!!!!! And~ This chapter's gonna be longer than usual.

Happy Birthday, Elliot!!! (As of 2/23/2023) Also, who believes that CANON Zoey is the reason Milly cut her hair? I do, but since I headcanon Zoey differently, she isn't the sole reason, to an extent.

I headcanon that Milly cut her hair in freshman year. She hasn't yet in the story. I'll point out when she does. This has a bit of angst, but not very big.

Hailey sat on her bed that Friday evening. She had gotten home two hours ago, her mind still replaying the events of Jake crying. 

------------------------------

Jake sat there crying as Hailey comforted him, and when he finally calmed down, he stood up.

"I'm sorry, Hailey. I should go," Jake said, and before Hailey could say anything, Jake left.

When she got home thirty minutes later, Zander questioned her, but she explained she was in the music room. He seemed to believe her.

She went to her room. Laying in her bed, under the covers, and looked at her ceiling.

------------------------------

That's how Hailey ended up where she was; lying in bed looking at the dark, navy blue ceiling that had white dots resembling stars. She and Zander had painted it when they were younger, and she's kept it since. 

Hailey loved to stargaze, but since she couldn't leave the house at night when she was a young ten-year-old. She and Zander painted the ceiling as stars.

Fondly remembering happy childhood memories with her step-brother made her forget what occurred in the music room, but only for so long.

It hurt. It hurt to see Jake so upset like that.

So, to make things better, she called him.

Hailey waited for Jake to pick up the phone.

Then she heard shuffling through the phone.

"Hey, Hailey. What's up?" Jake asked, but Hailey could hear the slight grogginess in his voice that you only get from crying. She knew he wanted to forget what had happened in the music room.

"Hi...Jake," Hailey said, "I wanted to check up on you and ask you something."

"Sure, what is it?" Jake asked, but she faintly heard him mumble, "I hope it's not about what happened in the music room."

"Well, I was wondering if we could hang out this weekend? Maybe invite the others." Hailey said. It was the first thing that came to her mind. It wasn't that she planned anything else. She just wanted to hang out with her friends.

"Yeah, I'll be able to make it. You could ask the others while I ask my siblings?" Jake asked, and Hailey sat up, ready to ask Zander, but not before asking something else, "I could bring my little sister. She and Milo could hang out together," Hailey said.