Chapter 9: Nurse Hailey

(At this point, Hailey reminds me too much of myself! The only difference is that she gets a boyfriend later, and I probably never will for a while! I should cherish the moments I have left with my single-pringle buddy before it's gone!!!)

Also, they have different schedules since they are sophomores, and Zoey and Elliot call Jake "Jakey," which is the sibling platonic nickname they gave him.

The crowd had gotten even larger. At least, that's what Hailey thought as she watched her newfound friend fighting the blonde-haired boy that consistently harassed her. Tyler would never leave her alone.

If Hailey had to pick, she would rather be around Jake than him.

Tyler was a douchebag, in Zander's words. He always tried to flirt with Hailey and buy her small things. Like roses or chocolates. Hailey usually left them on a bench somewhere as she and Zander would walk home. She didn't like him like that.

Hailey also didn't need to worry about love. She did just fine on her own when no one liked her. Hailey didn't need love when no one would love her for how she looked. Hailey felt that deep down, no one would love her like that. She also knew that Tyler was a player.

Tyler was just trying to add her as one of the multiple girlfriends he's already had. Hailey's never had a boyfriend. She wouldn't even know where to start, even though she's read many romance novels and watched many romantic movies. Her love life sucked. (I feel you, Hailey, I feel you!)

 She wasn't someone who wanted to date for looks. She wanted their personality too. Tyler wasn't one for that. He was a lost cause.

There was only one thing Hailey wanted to know: Why were Jake and Tyler fighting, and why did it get so bloody?

No one was stopping it.

Even Milly was chanting.

"Beat his ass, Jake!" She shouted, and Hailey looked uncomfortable seeing all the blood as she stood next to Milly. Milly looked at her.

"You okay, Hailey?" Milly asked, and Hailey nodded with a sheepish smile when a teacher ran through the crowd.

"Oh my goodness, you boys go to the principal's office. NOW!" The teacher shouted, and surprisingly Jake and Tyler left for the office. The unknown teacher looked at everyone else. "Head to your homerooms now before you all get a detention," She said, and everyone started.

"Milly, do you know who that was?" Hailey asked as they sped-walked to their separate homerooms, "Yeah, that's my math teacher. Don't remember her name, though, " "Milly!" Hailey said.

"What?!" Milly asked, "I hate math! Why would I try to get to know the teacher when she's a bitch?!" Milly asked.

"Nevermind," Hailey said, "See you later," Hailey said as they went their separate ways to homeroom.

------------------------------

Homeroom was bustling. Everyone seemed to be talking about Jake and Tyler's fight from earlier. It made Hailey a little unsettled that the only people besides her that weren't talking about it were Jake's former friends.

They seemed to be unsettled by it too. 

Hailey didn't think Jake could fight like that! She knew Milly could make a fight bloody, but it was way more than Milly was fully willing to do. Hailey understood that wholeheartedly. But the two seemed to know each other.

She'll have to ask Elliot or Zoey about it.

But she doesn't have classes with Zoey until second period, and there wasn't a guarantee she would be there if Jake got sent home.