Chapter 19: Rubble Explosion Reunited: Pt 1. A 'Crush'ing Realization

So, this chapter is going to be a little goofy and probably long too. But it's in snippets of each day in the week until Friday because of what they have planned.

So, expect this chapter to be a long one.

Sunday Evening

"That's It."  Hailey thought.

Jake had dropped Hailey and Zander off at their house, and Hailey instantly went to her room.

"I have a crush on Jake."  She thought. It didn't seem true. "I have a crush on Jake," Hailey said aloud, but it still felt too surreal.

She was lying on her bed, overthinking everything.

"He wouldn't like a freak like me,"  Hailey thought. She almost had tears form in her eyes. (Why you always lyin~)

Almost

Her door slammed open, and Zander rushed and slammed the door shut. He seemed to be fricking out. This jolted Hailey upright.

"Zander!" Hailey exclaimed, "You scared me! What's wrong?" Zander looked frantic.

"Two things," He started, "Luke asked me out on a date!" Hailey gasped, then a huge grin was plastered on her face.

"Did you say yes?!" Hailey exclaimed, getting up from her bed and walking to him. Zander nodded his head.

"So, what's the issue then?" Hailey asked, "I know it's not that he asked you out." Zander looked at her with a serious but frantic expression.

"We're going camping!" Zander exclaimed, and Hailey's face went somber, "What?" Zander asked, and Hailey shook her head, walking back to her bed.

"Is camping all that you're worried about?" Hailey asked, "Seems to me that you're overreacting." Zander frowned at her.

"It's not just that," Zander said as Hailey sat back on her bed, "Jake's family is coming," Hailey looked shocked. She hadn't told Zander about her crush and wasn't likely to.

"W-what's wrong with that?" Hailey stuttered. Zander looked at her with an unimpressed expression.

"You know Lia doesn't get along with Zoey, and I don't like Jake," Zander said, "Another thing, we'll either be staying in tents or a camper, and I don't want to have to share anything with Jake."

"Then stay in a tent with Luke," Hailey said, and Zander blushed, "What? You've shared a bed with him for as long as I could remember. You guys were inseparable." Hailey giggled, looking at her younger brother's expression.

Hailey could see Zander was blushing mad, "S-shut up," He said, and Hailey laughed. she thought it was fun teasing him from time to time. 

"Well, I'm going to head to bed soon. Night, Hailey." Zander said.

"Night!" Hailey replied. She couldn't wait for the yearly get-together of the Music club and their families, possibly excluding Sean's since they're so busy. This time, Jake and his family would be joining.

"Tomorrow gonna be a good day," Hailey told herself as she turned her lamp off.

------------------------------

Monday

Jake woke up groggy. He had stayed up playing Call of Duty with Milly. Which reminded him of a package he got the night prior.

He got dressed, brushed his teeth, and grabbed the package, running downstairs with it. He made it to the kitchen and grabbed a knife.

He cut the tape and quickly opened the box as Zoey, Elliot, and Milo looked at him, confused.