Chapter 4: Party Turned Sleepover Pt 3. Caught

Jake was standing there, speechless. He didn't expect anyone to be able to hear him, let alone see him singing.

"U-um...This Isn't what it looks like." Jake said slowly. "This is exactly what It looks like,"  Jake thought.

"..." Hailey was silently staring at him. He knew she was appalled and shocked to find her bully singing when he mocked her for it. She ran out of the room. Jake followed her as soon as he set his guitar down, closing each door behind him.

"Since when could you sing?" She whispered when he caught up to her. She was pretty close to him. Oh. That was an icebreaker.

"I...always could," Jake said. That's when Jake realized Hailey never noticed the guitar he had been playing with wasn't with him.

"And Y-you play?" She asked again, and Jake nodded. Even she seemed in shock at everything she witnessed.

"Yeah..." It was silence after that. Hailey seemed to notice how close they were and started to walk backward.

"I need to go-" Hailey began but was cut off, "What is he doing here?!" Someone exclaimed. Jake and Hailey looked over to see a pissed-off-looking grape. Zander.

"U-uh, um," Jake began but was cut off by Zander grabbing Hailey and putting her behind him. He looked angry. Pretty upset to see him here.

"Zander, wait!" Elliot called out. When he reached the room, he saw the predicament. 

"What is this, Elliot? Why is he here? Better yet, were you even going to tell us he was here?!" Zander asked, and behind Elliot was everyone else.

"Well, I was going to tell you guys after the monopoly game, but you went down here in a rush to find Hailey...but Jake's not going to do any harm. I promise!" Elliot said. Zander looked to Elliot. Zander looked at his expression and seemed to believe and accept his promise.

 Zander then looked back to Jake. "But you!" Zander pointed to Jake, "If you even think of trying to mess with Hailey tonight or any of us. I swear I'll-" 

"What's with all the noise?"

Everyone stopped arguing to look over and see Zoey. You could see how pissed off two more of the group had gotten.

"Oh, we are so screwed now,"  Jake thought. 

"What are you doing here?" Milly said in an annoyed tone.

"Oh, shit," Zoey said. Then, Elliot spoke up in a slightly angered and annoyed tone.

"Everyone, can we please head upstairs so we can explain!"

Those who came downstairs with Elliot went upstairs. Zander walked behind Hailey, watching Jake's every move. Jake stayed a bit longer, and Zoey walked over to him.

"What happened? All I heard was yelling until I came in," Zoey asked. Jake sighed, "Elliot will explain everything, along with our help," Jake said, and they walked upstairs.

------------------------------

There was tension between them all. The Sterling Trio sat on one couch while everyone else sat on the nearby couch or the floor, even standing.

Zander, who was standing, had an upset expression towards the Sterling Trio, Luke, who was standing next to Zander, was trying to calm him down, Hailey was sitting, looking very uncomfortable, and Milly was trying not to seem mad, especially in front of her crush, but deep down was upset that Zoey was there while Sean looked the calmest out of them all, being the oldest out of them all. He probably understood the situation and wanted to defuse it quickly.