Chapter 20: Rubble Explosion Reunited Pt 2. Camping Trip Gone Disarray

Jake sat in the back seat, a window seat, to be exact, looking out the window and listening to music. (He's pulling a main character move!)

Zoey and Milo were taking a nap, Zoey sat in the other window seat while Milo leaned on her in the middle seat, and Elliot sat next to Jake in the middle with Milo as well.

The four siblings were squished in the back seat but somehow were able to make room.

Jake listened to music, even when he felt Elliot's head rest on his shoulder, "Probably asleep, just like Zoey and Milo,"  Jake thought as he caught a glimpse of his younger siblings. They were all asleep.

"Jake, honey, is everyone asleep?" Mom asked, and Jake brought an earbud out.

"Yeah, why?" Jake asked, "Are we almost there?"

"We'll be there in 30 minutes. That's why I asked if they were asleep," Mom replied.

Jake nodded, put his earbud back in his ear, ad watched the sunset. That's when he heard his phone ding through his earbuds. He saw Hailey had texted him.

------------------------------------------

👑Princess👑

How long do you think it'll be until you
arrive?

Do you always have to be grammatically correct

Yes. Now answer the question.

Fiesty alright Princess
we'll be arriving in about 30 minutes

Do you have to call me Princess all the
time?

Why yes

But why?!

Why not

Urgh. Nevermind. See you when you get
here.

See you then
Princess

STOP CALLING ME THAT!

------------------------------------------

Jake laughed. "Hailey could be so cute sometimes."  Jake thought.

Jake looked down as he blushed at his thought. When he looked up, he saw his Mom smirking at him through the interior rear-view mirror. Jake blushed even more.

"What are you blushing about back there?" Mom asked, "A girl, perhaps?"

"It's nothing, Mom, really," Jake tried to play it off, but his Mom knew otherwise.

"Now, Jake, I'm your mother, and I know you best," Mom started, "You have a crush, don't you?"

Jake knew better than to keep deflecting her questions, so he outright told her.

"Yeah..." Jake said, "It's about a girl," Mom smiled at Jake, and Dad chuckled.

"Well, who's the lucky lady?" Dad asked, "Will we meet her anytime soon?"

"Yeah," Jake said, "She's actually one of my friends on this camping trip with us."

"Awee," Mom said, and Jake blushed.

He probably shouldn't have told his parents, but oh well. 

It's not like they knew Hailey or her family anyway. They definitely won't make it weirder than It should be.