Chapter 12: Ice Cream Day-Out

Lore-based ideas are coming into play!!!

"Zander, calm down," Luke tried reassuring Zander, but it wasn't working.

"No, Luke! How could he bully us for loving music when it's clear he loves it too?! I have every right to be upset! We've never done anything to him, so why?" Zander said. He almost looked like he was in tears but too angry to accept them.

Zander was furious and upset. Jake Sterling had been mocking him and his sister since the start of high school, and the one moment the group hangs out with him, they all loved him.

He was glad Luke still noticed, "I'm giving Jake the benefit of the doubt. He seems really passionate about music. He must have his reasons for what he did, but I know you won't let him live it down," Luke said, trying to lighten the mood, and It worked.

Luke was always able to make Zander feel better about anything. Hailey could too, but Luke was something different to Zander; a best friend and a long-time crush.

Zander knew Luke didn't like him like that. That's something Zander knew as a fact.

But Hailey always told him to at least believe there was a chance.

"If you're willing to do that, I guess I could try, but it won't be easy. He has to earn it," Zander said, and Luke smiled.

"I'm sure you won't make it easy for him either,"

------------------------------

Zoey and Elliot were bombarded with questions from the little Pink-Haired Devil.

"How could you guys have kept that from us?!" Milly asked her final question. Elliot smiled at the girl.

"Well, he never sings in front of us anymore. He does it more in private. So, we didn't know he was actually going to audition, let alone continue music, and it wasn't really are say to tell anyone who could sing." Elliot explained.

"It reminds me of Hailey," Milly said. Zoey looked confused at Milly.

"How so?" Zoey asked, and Milly looked at her, trying to find an ounce of deceit, but found none before speaking.

'Well, Hailey can sing, and she's amazing at it. She barely sings in front of us!" Milly exclaimed, "There was this one time we-" Zoey tuned Milly out, but she knew Elliot was listening intently.

Zoey wanted to know what made Jake want to sing so badly. He never really listened when Elliot or her asked him to. Zoey assumed he stopped, as much as she didn't want to, despite all the support she and Elliot showed.

But it seems she wasn't wrong to believe there was still hope. Jake proved he was still the amazing singer he was back in middle school.

Zoey couldn't be prouder. Jake was always supportive of her and Elliot. It was time for a change.

"We'll get you to believe you're just as amazing as Dad. No matter who stands in the way,"  Zoey thought but was brought out of her thoughts when Elliot looked at her.

"You okay?" He asked, and Zoey smiled.

"Yeah, I'm good. Just got caught up in my thoughts,"

------------------------------

Jake decided to talk to Sean after his audition.

"That was amazing. Why didn't you come audition before?" Sean asked from his seat at the corner table. Jake rubbed his neck.

"Well, personal reasons," Jake said bluntly. 

"Well, welcome to the group. How ya feelin'?" Sean asked, changing the topic as Jake looked a bit uncomfortable after the last question.