Chapter 7: Monday Blues...Or Tunes?

GUYS!!! LOOK WHAT CAME IN TODAY. (I even got a Music Freaks-designed guitar pick with it!!!)

Also, guys. Jake's pissed. Drew's a bitch.

The weekend had flown by quicker after the sleepover during Elliot's party.

The Music Club and The Sterling Trio didn't expect it to go by so fast. They weren't ready for the following Monday. Especially with how the group was, sort of, getting along.

Jake wasn't ready in the slightest. He'd have to see his former friends. Just thinking about them made his wounds hurt even more. The betrayal he felt when he found out his best friend bullied his younger brother damaged him more than anyone realized.

Jake was walking with his siblings to school. He wanted to protect them.

Drew was ruthless. He could spread rumors and do so many things in a matter of 5 minutes. Jake wanted to be there to protect his younger siblings from anything that might happen.

He wanted to be ready for anything and everything that was to come.

But it never did.

People just stared at us.

Some glanced and whispered, while others glared with expressions of anger. That was the unexpected thing he didn't think of. Jake knew Drew was behind this but didn't know for sure.

They continued, despite feeling unsettled at the constant glares, whispers, and shouting of students in their direction. Things like "Jackasses!" "Assholes!" Were the shouts from a group of six? Jake didn't even recognize who they were and didn't know them either.

Jake already had everything he needed, and so did Zoey. So they decided to follow Elliot to his locker. But what they got wasn't what they entirely suspected.

"The Music Club? What are they doing over here?" Jake thought as the trio walked over.

"Guys! Someone has been spreading rumors about you!" Milly exclaimed, and shocked expressions arose on the trio's faces.

"What!" They exclaimed. They looked to the Music Club, and they all nodded in agreement. Milly looked like she wanted to beat the shit out of the person spreading the rumor about Elliot.

"The rumors were that Zoey was a gold digger with sugar daddies, Jake was using Drew for popularity, and Elliot bullied Drew and his friends. Along with that, Elliot was playing this shy boy to shadow the fact he was a bully or something like that." Hailey explained.

Jake's shocked expression was changed to an angered one, and Zoey looked at him.

Jake knew Zoey realized what he was about to do, quickly intervening before he could do anything.

"Jake, no." Zoey said, "He's trying to get to us. If you do something drastic now, it'll only prove those rumors to be a fake truth."

Jake still was angry. The fact Drew dared to bring his family into this was upsetting him even more. He decided, for now, to keep calm and mask his anger. Jake didn't want to cause anything or put anyone else he was associated with in danger. (He, obliviously, means Hailey :) )

He just crossed his arms, still looking upset at their current predicament. Then started to walk away, but not before Zoey shouted at him.

"Don't do anything stupid!"

------------------------------

Jake made it to his homeroom. Looking around to ensure Drew or the others weren't around. When Jake was sure he wasn't around, he walked towards his desk. One far from Drew. Though, people still stared and whispered about him and his siblings.