Chapter 18: Why Is He So Fine

This chapter's going to consist of Hailey questioning if she's crushing or not. And this shows her job, which the headcanon credits go to Tiya_TealTea.

Also Tiya_TealTea, I ABSOLUTELY loved the usage of my headcanon in your recent one-shot. Amazing as always.

I'm also adding in my headcanons. I'll let people know what it is at the bottom.

As you can see from the video above, we're bringing in someone's VOICE!

"Why is he so fine!"  Hailey asked herself, laying back in bed.

She was scrolling through TikTok, and her fyp was screwing her over.

Her fyp was full of Jake's thirst traps.

She'd admit that even when he bullied her, she thought he was pretty hot, just not her type, but now she didn't know what to think.

Jake meant something different to her. She just didn't know what. Friend, best friend, or...

"No!"  Hailey thought, "Jake's just a friend,"

But it felt wrong. Sure, he bullied her, but he was making a change. Jake turned out to actually be a great guy. He's just caught up in a lot.

She was glad she gave him a chance. Hailey didn't know what she would do if she didn't; Jake turned out to be great, more than great, fantastic.

"I don't know what he is at this point..."  Hailey thought as she laid back in bed, groaning.

"Why does he have to be so fine?!" Hailey exclaimed, holding one of her many plushies. She held it above her body, still lying flat on her bed.

"What should I do?" She asked the plush. Knowing she wouldn't get an answer, she brought the plush to her chest and rolled onto her side, cuddling the plush.

Hailey lay there, still and unmoving. She didn't know what to think. She didn't know exactly what it was like to be in love with someone. Sure, she read many romance books and watched many romantic movies, but she knew it was acting. Not true love.

This was different. The possible chance of her having a love interest was astronomical. She never interacted with many boys and worried how Zander would react. When she tells Zander that she might be in love with Jake, he'll be pissed.

"When? More like if.Hailey thought.

If.

If's a good start.

------------------------------

The following morning Hailey got up and got ready for work. She worked with kids ages 6-8. They were excellent students. Hailey loved them like her own. They adored her as well. So, Hailey knew they were going to be excited to see her.

Her students always asked her to invite her friends, and some of the boys really enjoyed Milly's enthusiasm and Sean's chillness, Luke's kindness, and not really Zander's grumpiness.

Though, they never met Jake. Yet.

For the record, this would benefit her and her students. They loved it when she brought one of her friends along, and Hailey wanted to see just how much Jake knew related to music. It would help to learn his skill asset so she could find a good spot for him in the club.

At the moment, him being the lead singer was her best option.

Her students might say she's an amazing singer, but she didn't believe that, and her stage fright didn't make it any better.