Chapter 11: Auditioning

This is childish of me, but then again, I'm still a kid. I have 69 followers. 0_0

Also, I'm not going to add the lyrics since we already know what auditioning was like for Jake.

Hailey and Jake made it to homeroom quickly before the bell rang and sat next to each other.

Jake didn't know what made him want to go to the music room so badly. He first thought it was because he wanted to chat with Hailey or because of Elliot, but he was starting to suspect a different reason.

"Could it be that...I want to audition?"  Jake asked himself. He knew why he didn't job any club that had music involved. He didn't want to be bullied again. Then he had no chance when he started teasing the music club.

Now that he does have one, he doesn't know if he should take it.

He was brought out of his thoughts when he noticed Hailey snapping her fingers in front of him, "Jake, you alright? You were out of it for 5 minutes. I really hope you are not concussed. Let me see," Hailey said as she got closer.

"I'm not concussed! I was just deep in thought," Jake said, trying to get Hailey from doctor mode.

"I'm just ensuring that you're fine," Hailey said as she moved away from him.

"Whatever you say, Docter Hailey," Jake mumbled. Hailey looked at Jake. 

"Ha, ha. Very funny, Jake," Hailey said.

Jake chuckled, "It was,"

Hailey frowned at him jokingly, "So, what were you thinkin' about?" Hailey asked. Jake thought of a quick excuse.

"I'm just excited to hang out with you guys," Jake said, and Hailey looked a bit shocked.

"You are?" Hailey asked. That got Jake to smile, "Of course! Also, Milly wanted to show me her guitar skills. I want to see if she's as good as she claims to be," Jake said. That's when he realized.

"Oh, SHIT! Please don't catch on! Please don't catch on! Please!"  Jake thought to himself.

Thankfully, Hailey didn't seem to notice, "Well, Milly's pretty good and loves playing, so she'll love to show you, especially Elliot~" Hailey said with a smirk, causing Jake to smirk back at her.

"Those two are so oblivious to the idea that they both like each other! I mean, come on! Just ask each other out already!" Jake said, and Hailey laughed.

"Those two? I don't think they'll realize it anytime soon. Not without our help, at least." Hailey said with a smirk, "Oh, so Hailey Austin wants to play cupid. I think I'll be joining in on that," Jake said.

Soon the bell rang, and they got up to head to class.

"See you later, Jake!" Hailey said with a smile. She looked so happy.

"S-see you later...Hailey," Jake said.

"Alright, what's going on with me?!" Jake thought to himself as he walked out of the classroom.

------------------------------

Jake was in fourth period when it hit him.

"I want to audition...for the MUSIC CLUB!?"  Jake thought.

He had nothing against doing that or the club itself. He didn't expect that to be the reason. That was why he wanted to hang out with them more besides being their friend.

"They wouldn't accept me anyway. I've bullied them,"  Jake thought with a frown, "It wouldn't hurt to try...I knew Elliot and Zoey would enjoy it,"  Jake smiled.