Chapter 30: Day Out

LOOK AT MY JAILEY RANKING!!! I GOT #1!!! This is as of 4/7/2023. This is sort of a birthday gift to Doggy_Liz, and a thank you to Tiya_TealTea because that One shot was amazing. Words can't describe had amazingly good it was.

There is a part of this that I've had planned for a while, and I've been so excited to write it.

Mentions of abuse.

Hailey had been discharged and was able to return to school with crutches.

After the events with Zoey, Lia was glad her friend was out of the hospital but felt that Zoey needed her more. Hailey would always be Lia's best friend and would be better hanging around everyone else.

"Jake can take care of her. I will too, but at the moment, it has to be him."  Lia thought as she sat on the couch at Jake's house, waiting for Zoey.

She noticed Jake was getting ready to leave, "Hey, Jake, where are you going?" Lia curiously asked, and Jake looked at her.

"Well, Hailey asked if I could help take her to work. So I agreed." Jake explained, and Lia nodded.

Then Jake left, but Lia had another thought hit her. So when Zoey came downstairs and sat with Lia, she looked shocked.

"Um, Lia?" Zoey looked at her, "You good?"

"Jailey," Lia said flatly, and Zoey looked even more confused. Lia knows Zoey knows what 'Jailey' is. After all, it was she and Milly who made it.

"What about it?" Zoey asked, and Lia grabbed Zoey's shoulders.

"I think Jailey has sailed," Lia said, and then both girls started squealing.

------------------------------

Jake went on a short drive to Hailey's house, music playing through the radio, and life was great.

He was happy. He got to hang out with Hailey at her work. He vaguely remembers Hailey saying they were going to the park for the day.

When he arrived, he saw Hailey sitting on the steps with her crutches standing next to her. She seemed to be distracted by her phone, blushing. He rolled down his window.

"Hey," Jake shouted, and Hailey looked up, "Need a lift?" And Hailey slowly got up but seemed to struggle, so Jake went to help her like the good boyfriend he was.

Hailey pouted a bit as Jake held her up.

"What's wrong?" Jake asked, and Hailey gave him a look.

"I wanted to try to get up on my own. Everyone's been trying to help me, and I feel like a burden." Hailey said. When Jake sat her in the passage seat, set her crutches in the backseat, and got in the front. He gently set his hand on her shoulder.

"Hailey, you're never a burden to those who care about you," Jake said, "We all want to help in some way when we know you're struggling, so please, let us help."

Hailey nodded, and then they were on the road to the studio.

------------------------------

Lia and Zoey were crying from laughter. The two were sharing stories about what their friends and siblings did on a daily.

"Ok, ok!" Lia exclaimed as she calmed herself, "Tell me, why did you bully Milly?" Lia asked, and Zoey almost spat her tea out.

"Oh..." Zoey was jokingly shocked, "Well, it's simple, really." Zoey said with a smirk, and Lia looked curiously.