𝟭𝟯 - ❝𝗗𝗘𝗧𝗘𝗡𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"A PITY THEY LET THE OLD PUNISHMENTS DIE"

the moon was giving a faint glow to the night, the only provider of light being the lanterns held in your hands, and the torches lit up around the exterior of the hogwarts castle.

you, ron, harry, hermione, and draco, were all walking alongside filch out of the castle.

you absentmindedly stare up at the glimmering stars in the sky.

"was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. god, i miss the screaming"

you deadpan slightly.

you follow close behind him as he leads you all down to hagrid's hut.

hagrid opens the door and steps out, also having a lantern in hand.

"you'll be serving detention with hagrid tonight. he's got a little job to do.. inside the dark forest"

your gaze turns to the dimly lit forest, lips parting slightly.

"a sorry lot, this, hagrid"

hagrid sniffle slightly, "oh good god man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are ya?"

you blink.

"norbert's gone" hagrid says, picking up a crossbow.

"dumbledore sent him off to romania, to live in a colony"

you frown slightly.

"well that's good, isn't it? he'll be with his own kind"

"yeah, but what if he don't like romania?" hagrid says, worried.

"what if the other dragons are mean to him? he's only a baby, after all.."

"oh, for god's sake, pull yourself together man. you're going into the forest, after all" filch rolls his eyes.

"got to have your wits about you.."

draco turns to filch, "the forest? i thought that was a joke. we can't go in there" filch turns to him, "students aren't allowed, and there are.."

a howling sound can be heard from inside the forest, draco nods towards it, ".. werewolves!"

"oh, there's more than werewolves in those trees. you can be sure of that"

you purse your lips.

"nighty-night" filch smirks before walking off.

"right, let's go."