𝟰𝟬 - ❝𝘀𝗻𝗮𝗽𝗲❞

❝

❝... 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, "𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳, " 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘢𝘭𝘮𝘰𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘪𝘵
𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘪𝘯' 𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵
𝘣𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘬𝘪𝘯' 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥
𝘪 𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘦
𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥
𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘤𝘰𝘳𝘯𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘶𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘥
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯'
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺❞

- 𝘪 𝘮𝘪𝘴𝘴 𝘺𝘰𝘶, 𝘪'𝘮 𝘴𝘰𝘳𝘳𝘺 , 𝘨𝘳𝘢𝘤𝘪𝘦 𝘢𝘣𝘳𝘢𝘮𝘴

EVERYONE WAS THEN SENT TO THE  GREAT HALL.

hundreds of sleeping bags scattered the hall, originally about a foot apart though most had pulled them in to be next to their friends despite percy hissing to not move the sleeping bags.

your whole group was huddled together, you, tanjiro, nezuko, inosuke and zenitsu. kanao and aoi were with their sisters and you could see the rest of the hashira huddled and if you peered in the far distance you could see the uppermoons in somewhat of a group. though you could mainly see the weird blond one trying to get close to them all and them all moving away.

you, personally, fell fast asleep the moment the lights went out.

YOU WERE ALL NOW IN DEFENCE, WAITING FOR LUPIN TO STROLL IN LIKE HE USUALLY DOES

the door opens and you yawn, though blinking owlishly as instead of lupin, snape strutted in.

genya sent you a confused look, you just stared.

he slammed the door shut, closing each shutter on the window with his wand as he walks passed, making the room darker than ever. 

you yawned again, the dark atmosphere making you sleepy.

he rolls up to the front, pulling down a robe and a projection screen tumbles down.

"turn to page 394"

he walks down the aisle, harry looks out at him, "excuse me, sir. where's professor lupin?"

"that's really not your concern, is it, potter?" snape says.

you sigh.

snape starts to walk again, "suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching.. at the present time. turn to page 394"

he turns the projector on in the back before whisking ron's pages to the right one since he was just flipping through them boredly.

ron looks down at the page, "werewolves?" he reads out in confusion. you hummed lightly.

"but sir, we just started learning about red caps and hinkypunks. we're not meant to start nocturnal beasts for weeks"

"quiet" snape hisses.

"now, which one of you can tell me the difference between an animagus and a werewolf?"

hermione sticks her hand up.

"no one?" snape faces the front.

genya groans in annoyance.

"how disappointing" he says simply.

"please, sir" hermione interrupts, "an animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. a werewolf has no choice. with each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. he'd kill his best friend. furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of it's own kind"

draco makes a mocking howling sound.

"thank you, mr. malfoy. that is the second time you've spoken out of turn, miss granger. are you incapable of restraining yourself or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

you frown lightly, genya frowns also.

"he's got a point, you know" ron leans over.

"five points from gryffindor" you roll your eyes as he turns around.

"as an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by monday morning.. two rolls of parchment on the werewolf," everyone groans out, "with the particular emphasis on recognizing it"

"sir, it's quidditch tomorrow" harry says.

snape places his hands on harry's desk, leaning forward.

"then i suggest you take extra care, mr. potter. loss of limb will not excuse you. page 394"

"the term 'werewolf'.. is a contraction of the anglo-saxon word 'wer'"

"which means 'man' and 'wolf' . werewolf, man wolf"

"there are several ways to become a werewolf. they include being given the power of shape-shifting.. being bitten by a werewolf.."

date posted ; 6/04/24