𝟮𝟴 - ❝𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗶𝘀𝗸❞ 😨

❝𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘳...

𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥'𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘭𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘧𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵
𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦
𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘦𝘥 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘥𝘪𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘢𝘳𝘦

𝘪 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘪 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺
𝘪'𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘤𝘳𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘪 𝘳𝘶𝘯 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺

𝘵𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 '𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘪 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘯𝘢 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘺
𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳
𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘢𝘺❞

― 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘬𝘯𝘥

YOU GLANCE BACK AT THE BASILISK, IT WAS RIGHT ON YOURS AND HARRY'S TRAIL.

you deadpan as harry slips, wincing as he grazes himself.

you continue to trot,

he can help himself up..

but as you took a step further, your head ached.

you pause yourself, turning back to look at the boy who was struggling to get up.

you had no need to save him, but there was something thrumming in your chest telling you to.

so as the basilisk advanced, towering over harry as he kept his gaze away, you sprinted forward and grabbed him under the underarm and dragged him away, running with him as he fumbles with his glasses and wand.

at the same time, the same squawking sound is heard as the bird harry recognised earlier flies overhead and into the basilisk's face, landing on it's eyes and piercing it's sharp talons right along them.

the basilisk shrieks in pain as you and harry turn to face them to get a good view of what was happening.

"no!" tom shouts, "your bird may have blinded the basilisk, but it can still hear you"

you both look over at the basilisk, standing up and watching for a moment as it's flails around in pain before harry steps backwards into a small puddle, creating a just loud enough splash for the basilisk to stop moving.

you deadpan again, both of you running away, leaving the basilisk to chomp on the ground.

harry's feet create loud splashing sounds along the water, yours silent, as you quickly duck into another round tunnel, the basilisk destroying some of the rock mounds right behind you.