𝟭𝟮 - ❝𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗚𝗢𝗡❞

"ᴵᶠ ᴵ ᵍᵉᵗ ᵐᵒʳᵉ ᵖʳᵉᵗᵗʸ, ᵈᵒ ʸᵒᵘ ᵗʰⁱⁿᵏ ʰᵉ ʷⁱˡˡ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵐᵉ?" ⁻ ᴾʳᵒᵐ Qᵘᵉᵉⁿ ; ᴮᵉᵃᶜʰ ᴮᵘⁿⁿʸ

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

JUST AS QUICKLY AS IT HAD COME, CHRISTMAS BREAK WAS OVER AND THE HALLS WERE BUSTLING WITH STUDENTS ONCE MORE.

you were very confused when the halls were suddenly covered in students again, having grown familiar to the silence once more. but eventually again you forgot it even was silent before.

that comforting blanket of snow had withered away and left the grass as green as you had last seen it.

"i had you looking in the wrong section. how could i be so stupid?" hermione says as she takes a seat at the table, book in hand. you had now been forced to hang out with them again now that hermione was back.

she drops a very large book on the table, you blink owlishly.

"i checked this out weeks ago for a bit of light reading"

"this.. is light?" ron questions.

hermione glares at him before turning her attention back to the book, "of course! here it is!"

hermione reads a sentence aloud,  "nicholas flamel is the only known maker of the philosophers stone!"

"the what?" ron and harry all say in synch.

"honestly, don't you two read? ' the philosophers stone is a legendary substance with astonishing powers. it'll transform any metal into pure gold..' "

you blink.

" ' .. and produces the elixir of life, which will make the drinker immortal. ' "

"immortal?" ron says, you rest your chin in your palm.

"it means you'll never die" hermione answers.

"i know what it means!" ron says a little louder, causing harry to shush him.

hermione eyes him before going back to the book, " 'the only stone currently in existence, belongs to mr. nicholas flamel.. the noted alchemist who last year celebrated his 665th birthday"

your eyes go slightly wide.

hermione pokes a finger at the book, "that's what fluffys guarding on the third floor! that's what's under the trap door. the philosopher's' stone."

the three exchange glasses, you wondering why you were there.