𝟯𝟮 - ❝𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆 𝗰𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗻❞ 😱

❝𝘴𝘰 𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸❞

𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘴
𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦
𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦'𝘴 𝘢 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺 𝘪 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥𝘯'𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸❞

- 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘺, 𝘭𝘺𝘬𝘬𝘦 𝘭𝘪

AS USUAL, THE HOLIDAYS WERE PRETTY EVENTFUL.

bickering fights here and there, bonding here and there. a lot of relaxing and hanging out.

but now school was close to being back and you were actually with ron, hermione and harry.

you had all planned to meet in the leaky cauldron a week or so before school started to buy school supplies.

you only went along cause you promised tanjiro you would hang out with them more this year and not be confined to that group. he wanted you to be comfortable but he also wanted you to branch out a bit more.

you had arrived the leaky cauldron at the same time as hermione, who was delighted you accepted their invitation to come

however you quickly regretted it as ron had been complaining that hermione's new cat, crookshanks (who had taken a big liking to you), had eaten his ugly old rat, scabbers. harry had yet to arrive.

scabbers ran passed with ron  picking him up and crookshanks who followed short after, jumping into hermione's arms but paws at you.

"i'm warning you!" ron hisses, "keep that bloody beast of yours away from scabbers, or i'll turn it into a tea cozy"

hermione holds crookshanks closer.

"they're cats, ronald. what do you expect? it's in their nature" she sasses.

"cats? is that what they told you?"

"looks more like a pig with hair if you ask me"

hermione gasps in offence.

"that's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush" hermione scoffs.

"it's all right crookshanks, just ignore the man little boy"

ron shakes his head at her in disbelief before glancing up in joy, "harry" he calls gleefully, happy to be out of that conversation with you two.

you and hermione turn around, "harry" she grins, you just wave slightly.

"EGYPT. WHAT'S IT LIKE?"

"brilliant. loads of old stuff like mummies, tombs, even scabbers enjoyed himself" ron chuckles, he had just shown harry the newspaper with him and his family in it.

"you know the egyptians used to worship cats" hermione says knowledgeably, rubbing crookshanks' back.

"yeah, along with the dung beetle"

you scoff.

"not flashing that clipping about again, are you, ron?" one of the twins muses as the two of them walk over, both ruffling you on the head, earning a side-eye.

"i haven't shown anyone" ron says in annoyance as the same twin snatches up the newspaper, "no, not a soul" the other one says.

"not unless you count tom"

"the day maid"

"the night maid"

hermione stands up, bringing you over to ginny

the two start a conversation, you standing there.

you look off to the side, catching sight of a poster strung up on the wall. it had a man on it, he looked crazed and was holding up a number. it looked like a wanted sign of sorts, you tilt your head.

"who's that?" you ask, pointing briskly over to the poster.

both girls blink in shock, they both lean in closer, "you don't know who that is?!" ginny whisper shouts.

you deadpan, "obviously not. i just asked"

hermione nudges you with her elbow.

hermione brings her voice to a whisper, "that's sirius black. he used to work for you know who..

"who?"

she sighs, "voldemort" she whispers ever so slightly, "he was the one who gave away harry's parents" she says as quiet as ever.

your lips form an 'o'.

ginny shakes her head slightly, "he's escaped from azkaban, everyone is out searching for him"

you breathe out, blinking slowly.

hermione shuffles back out, "it doesn't matter anyways, i'm sure he'll be caught soon" she finishes the conversation.

you both nod, walking back over to the table.

"hermione, [name]" ron's dad greets.

"good morning, mr. weasley" hermione says, you blink up at him.

you all take a seat at the table with mrs. weasley nagging you to eat some more food, commenting on how skinny you look.

you just deadpan up at her.

date posted ; 18/11/23