𝟮𝟬 - ❝𝗠𝗔𝗡𝗗𝗥𝗔𝗞𝗘𝗦❞

✯¸.•'*¨'*•✿ ✿•*'¨*'•.¸✯

"MORNING, EVERYONE"

you look up from your pot and up to your teacher ; professor sprout. you currently have herbology.

you blink slightly.

hermione was to your right, smiling, she was happy you had found your own way to the greenhouse.

she hits her wand on the pant plot, "good morning, everyone" she says louder.

everyone turns to her, "good morning, professor sprout".

"welcome to greenhouse three, second years. now, gather round everyone"

everyone huddles in.

"today, we're going to re-pot mandrakes."

you tilt your head slightly.

she picks up a large pot from the side table, "who here can tell me the properties of a mandrake root?" she places the pot on the table in front of her.

hermione pops her hand up, "yes, miss granger?"

she takes an excited breath, "mandrake, or mandragora.. is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state."

professor sprout nods along, "it's also quite dangerous. the mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

you blink owlishly.

"excellent. ten points to gryffindor" professor sprout smiles.

"now, as our mandrakes are still only seedlings, their cries won't kill you yet. but they could knock you out for hours, which is why i have given you each a pair of earmuffs.. for auditory protection. so could you please put them on right away?"

you take out some black earmuffs and place them securely over your ears before turning back to the professor.

hermione awes slightly at you, cheeks slightly flushed, you looked positively adorable with those earmuffs on.

"you grasp your mandrake firmly" she grabs it by the bottom of the leaves.

"you pull it up sharply out of the pot" she pulls it up and it lets out a loud scream, you grimace and slap your hands over your covered ears.

"got it? and.." she places it in another pot, "now you dunk it down into the other pot" - she starts chucking soil in - "and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm"

you all turn to neville as he wobbles slightly before passing out and falling to the ground.

professor sprout sighs, "longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs."

draco and his gang smirk.

"no ma'am, he's just fainted" seamus points out.

"yes, well.. just leave him there" she waves her hand.