𝟯𝟵 - ❝𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝘁 𝗹𝗮𝗱𝘆'𝘀 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲❞

❝𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘮𝘺𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘰𝘰𝘳𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘪 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘪𝘯...

𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘪'𝘮 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘪 𝘨𝘰𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘢𝘥𝘴, 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘺 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘮𝘦 𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦𝘪 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘪𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘪𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮, 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘢𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳❞

- 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦, 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘵

"HONEYDUKE'S SWEET SHOP IS BRILLIANT, BUT NOTHING BEATS ZONKO'S JOKE SHOP"

ron was now telling harry what hogsmeade was like, hermione having asked you to walk them to their common room.

"we never did get a chance to go to the shrieking shack, though. you heard that it's the most-" "the most haunted building in britain. yeah, i know" harry interrupts him, you purse your lips.

but your eyebrows furrow, there was a large group ahead and everyone was muttering about something. you tilt your head in confusion.

"what's going on?" harry questions as the flight of stairs turns towards the swarm of people.

"probably neville forgot the password again" ron sighs.

"hey" neville says from behind ron, you blink. "oh, you're here" ron smiles awkwardly.

"let me through, please. excuse me! i'm head boy!" you hear percy's voice through the crowd as he climbs through the students.

"get back all of you. no one is to enter this dormitory until it has been fully searched"

you blink owlishly.

ginny pushes through everyone, standing in front of you all, "the fat lady! she's gone!"

your eyes go slightly wide, you had chatted to her a few times while dropping the other three off.

"serves her right. she was a terrible singer"

you blink,

who sings..

"it's not funny, ron!" hermione scolds.

you look at the portrait, it had three large gashes across it along with some smaller ones and the fat lady was nowhere to be seen.

the other paintings seemed distressed, a few of them were crossing over into each others picture and others were crying. over all, everyone was in a state of panic.

"keep calm, everyone. break into fours. back to your common room" percy tries to order the other houses who had gathered over.

"be quiet"

"make way"

"the headmaster's here"

"come on, move. move!" filch orders as dumbledore storms through the crowd with filch right behind him.

"you heard. move!"

dumbledore also seemed in a state of worry, he steps up to the canvas, analysing each little scratch.

he runs his fingers over the largest one, "mr. filch? round up the ghosts. tell them two search every painting in the castle to find the fat lady.

"there's no need for ghosts, professor" filch says, staring up at a painting on the other side of the tower.

he points up at it, "the fat lady's there"

everyone collectively gasps, all looking up at the painting.

and before anyone could react, all the students had made a mad dash upwards.

"hey, mind where you're going! slow down!" percy screeches as he gets pushed around by the students urging to get passed.

"you listen! i'm head boy!"

everyone ignores him, running up flights of stairs and over to the painting.

you all stand right by dumbledore, you glance into the painting.

the fat lady was hiding behind a large animal, her clothes were torn and she had a large leaf hat sitting on her head.

"dear lady, who did this to you?" dumbledore says briskly.

she peeks out from the bull, quivering and whimpering.

"eyes like the devil, he's got, and a soul as dark as his name. it's him, headmaster" she nods, "the one they all talk about. he's here, somewhere in the castle. sirius black!" she shudders at the name, ducking back behind the animal.

mutters overtake the tower, your lips part slightly,

that serial killer guy?

"secure the castle, mr. filch. the rest of you, to the great hall!" dumbledore orders.

you send a final glance at the painting before heading off with the rest of them.

date posted ; 19/03/24