𝟰𝟯 - ❝𝗯𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗯𝗲𝗮𝗸'𝘀 𝗲𝘅𝗲𝗰𝘂𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻❞

❝𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 (𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰)𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 (𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶)?𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 (𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰)𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬?𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢...

𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 (𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘯𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶)?
𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 (𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰)
𝘨𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬?
𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 (𝘸𝘩𝘺'𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰)
𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 (𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶)?
𝘪 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, "𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶" (𝘪 𝘴𝘢𝘪𝘥, "𝘪 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶")
𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯' 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬❞

- 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘨𝘰, 𝘵𝘢𝘺𝘭𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘸𝘪𝘧𝘵

YOU ALL NOW HURRY DOWN THE STAIRS TOWARDS HAGRID'S HUT.

the cheery mood of hermione's kick-ass stunt had faded away quickly once memory of what was about to occur came back.

you all run up, there were a few ferrets hanging from a stick. buckbeak was sitting carefully in hagrid's patch of pumpkins

you glance at buckbeak as hagrid invites you all inside, you stand beside hagrid as he looks out at buckbeak.

"oh, look at him. loves the smell of the trees when the wind blows through 'em" hagrid smiles bitterly.

genya frowns.

"should i be here? i don't really know hagrid.." genya whispers in your ear. you blinked at the random tingling you felt.

you shrugged, "it's okay"

"why don't we just set him free?"harry questions.

"ah, they'd know it was me. then dumbledore'd get into trouble. he's coming down, you know, dumbledore. says he wants to be with me when they.." hagrid's smile drops, "when it happens"

"great man, dumbledore" hagrid swallows thickly, stepping away from the window, you and genya step back.

"a great man" hagrid sniffles, throwing some food to an odd looking animal in the corner.

"we'll stay with you too, hagrid"

"you'll do no such thing!"

you tilt your head.

"think i want you seeing something like that? no. you just drink your tea and be off. oh. before you do, ron.."

hagrid steps over to a small bench, grabbing something out of a tin.

you face-palm.

"scabbers! you're alive!" ron says gleefully, taking the musty rat from hagrid's hands.

hermione eyes ron expectantly.

"keep a closer eye on your pet" hagrid says.

"i think that means you owe someone an apology" hermione says, stepping up.

"right. next time i see crookshanks, i'll let him know!"

"i meant me!" hermione says in annoyance.

you blink slightly and genya flinches as the jar beside you splits into two, it's contents spilling out onto the table and floor.

"blimey. what was that?" hagrid questions.

you peer through the sand, taking out a medium sized rock from beside the broken jar and tossing it up and down in your hand.

your eyes squint out the window, tossing the rock back.

you missed the dismayed yelp of pain.

harry hisses in pain as something hits the back of his neck, "ow!"

he looks out the window, his eyes going wide.

"hagrid"

hagrid steps forward, "oh, crikey"

you peer out, dumbledore, the minister and that creepy axe guy were walking out to the hut. genya curses quietly.

"it's late. it's nearly dark. you shouldn't be here. someone sees you outside the castle this time of night, you'll be in trouble. big trouble. particularly you, harry"

a loud knocking is heard, "with you in a moment!" hagrid calls in a cheery voice.

he grabs a blanket, covering the odd animal in the corner.

"quick. quick!" he ushers you all to the back door, barely even registering genya's presence.

"hagrid. it'll be fine. it'll be okay" harry reassures.

hagrid nods thankfully, "go on, go on!"

hermione swings the door open, you peek out. dumbledore was pointing some stuff out to the other two, hagrid opens the door for them, inviting them in.

once they were all in, you all rush out towards the pumpkin patch, ducking behind a large thing of stacked pumpkins.

you dully watch the interaction between the four.

you blink, turning your head back as a twig is snapped. hermione meets your eye with a questioning look.

"what?" harry asks, turning around as well as ron and genya.

"i thought i just saw... never mind"

"let's go!" ron says, cradling scabbers.

you all duck from the window's view as you run, making your way back up the stairs.

you all run up by the rocks.

your eyebrows furrow ever so slightly as they all step out by buckbeak, the man with the axe looking sickeningly excited.

genya frowns, grabbing your wrist gently.

you glance up at him, he blushes and turns away.

you only shut your eyes as the sound of the axe slicing through something hits your ears.

hermione hugs ron tightly, harry awkwardly joining the hug as genya runs his thumb over your wrist.

date posted ; 25/06/24