A new job?

The only bad thing that could happen was me to lose my job and that's what happened. I was fired because the school didn't need an abnormal person like me. I was desperate for a job, and my Stark Industries internship was paused due to the investigation. I applied to various schools but all declined, giving the same excuse 'the parents wouldn't like me teaching their children'. 

I was out for a walk, I wore a mask to hide my face and dressed in my casual clothes. As I reached my house, a man bumped into me and we both dropped our phones.

 As I reached my house, a man bumped into me and we both dropped our phones

"I am sorry, here's your phone." I picked up the phone and gave him his phone.

"I think this belongs to you." he had an accent just like me.

"No, it doesn't." I refused.

"It belongs to you." he said and walked away.

"I'll pretend that this may or may not have a bomb." I went home.

I kept the new phone aside and showered. I waited for Loki to come back from his 'mission' but no luck. I was frustrated, I had no one to talk to. I wanted to sleep but I couldn't sleep, I was afraid to wake up five years later, and I didn't sleep after I woke up that day. I was drowned in my problems but then I heard a phone ring. I checked mine, it was silent then I looked over the new one, it was ringing.

"I know this is the worst way we have contacted anyone but we really need your help." a man said over the call.

"And you are?" I asked.

"People are missing here and we wanted your help."

"I missed the part where that's my problem." I was about to hang up.

"It's about magic. Maybe it's about someone you know, someone who has magic like you."

"Wanda?"

"Yes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"An agent of yours gets sucked into-what? Air?" I asked Tyler Hayward. He gave me the vibes of the bad character of the story who you always suspect. He was the head of SWORD, some sort of agency just like SHIELD but more advanced. 'So, Tony and Steve went for this type of 'sword' fighting.' I wondered.

"Well, if you just-" he touched the air with his pen, and the pen got sucked into some red energy field.

"My! My! It's a hex." I looked in awe. It was created beautifully and no negative energy emerged from it, unlike any other hex. It was structured finely.

"Hex, like a hexagon?" he asked.

"Well, hexagon yes. It's a place where witches use magic." I explained.

"How can we get our agent back? Should we break the hex?" he asked.

"Try doing that and you'll get sucked just like that pen. I need a team, a few soldiers, some local and scientists, a lot of them. Someone whose specialty is astrophysics." I said.

"Ok, we'll arrange a team." he said and gave a list to his men. We walked to his base, where he offered me coffee. "I thought heroes need a dose of caffeine."

"At least someone considers me a hero." I sat down.

"We know about the fight, the snap. The whole department knows about the fight and we respect you for that." he took a sip from his cup.

"Thank you. So, this SWORD, when did it-"

"1995, it was kept as a secret unlike SHIELD, we were careful." he explained.

"Anyway, who is the agent who got sucked in the hex?" I asked.

"Monica Rambeau. She is the daughter of the founder of SWORD, Maria Rambeau. Monica is just like her mother, brave, and witty but the poor woman died, and Monica didn't get to say goodbye." It reminded me of when Thor told me Loki didn't survive the snap and how devastated I felt.

"The-the missing people, you told me they were people who went missing to Westview and the place didn't exist." 

"Yes, Jimmy Woo will tell you the details about this case, he works for the FBI." Hayward said and I left his tent to visit Mr. Woo.

"Callisto! Hey!" a man called me, he was dressed in a police uniform.

"Mr. Woo?" I asked.

"Yes, you can call me Jimmy." He did the same card trick Scott used to do.

" He did the same card trick Scott used to do

"Who taught you that?" I asked.

"I too have magic." he replied.

"My friend, Scott does the same trick." I said.

"Scott Lang? Oh, yeah! You know him." he said, "Well, about the case. We think it's Wanda Maximoff because of the red magic. Can you like call her out of the 'hex'?"

"I can contact her by magic but she won't respond if 'this' is her." I said.

"Why? People are missing, she has to help us find them."

"Let's not blame Wanda yet. I sense the magic like her but something else too. It's new, something dark. And if it is her who's doing all this, we need to be careful. She must be angry and devastated and she may think we are bad, the enemy. We have to do what we can but slowly." I explained.

"Why would we need scientists when it's magic we are talking about?" he asked.

"Science is just magic people don't fear much." I said.

..............................