Chapter 3: Keychain and Minions

(Credits to the rightful owners.)

Note: The chapters from now on (including chapter 2) till the time leap will all be in Jisung's POV and filled with flashbacks. Basically he is 20 years old when narrating all this just before the time leap. Things will make more sense when I write the chapter where the time jump occurs. And also I will be putting the needed remarks so you won't get confused :))

Wordcount: 3.1k

Jisung P.O.V

Friendship had always been a foreign concept to me. I learned that no one wanted to befriend a beaten up dirt covered skinny little freak like me when I was merely 6 years old. It was made pretty clear everytime the neighborhood kids threw stones at me if I tried to even step inside the local playground. Eventually, I started to believe that friendship itself is a myth. That is until I met my friends. I was beyond content to have Yongbokie as my only friend, my soul bestie (though I didn't express it often). I didn't think I needed more friends neither did I desire it. But some people (whom I initially called Felix's other friends) tugged the strings of my estranged heart to form bonds so unique and unbreakable that a myth became the sweetest reality. But the journey of friendship with each of my friends was quite different for every one of them.

*Flashback*

Felix told me that middle school is a bridge between the addition of childish crushes of elementary school and the subtraction of virginity in high school. Honestly that was one weird conversation to have at 3am on a Sunday morning. But after one year of listening to Felix talk about the strangest of gossips, I can say with confidence that the weirdness doesn't faze me anymore.

I joined SKZ High Academia itself at middle school level. So to me, middle school is an overwhelming mixture of excitement and anxiety. I like learning about new subjects but no so much learning about new people and their behaviors. Though as rare as it is, luck has been in my favour for the first week at school seemed to go by without any problems. Until it didn't.

I had most of my classes with Felix, Seungmin and Hyunjin. Except the 'performance & arts'. Felix had dance, Seungmin had orchestra, Hyunjin had painting and I had musical theatre. I was not one of the actors, by no means (the very thought of going on top of the stage made me nauseated). But Madam Juni, the drama teacher had read some of the essays I had written in literature class and thought that I would make a good scriptwriter.

The musical theatre classes took place once a week on Tuesdays. And the one class I attended was not as bad as I had expected it to be. Madam Juni was kind and the other students were cheerful. Moreover I didn't have to get up on the stage which was honestly the best part of it all. This was also my second day at school and as I walked out of the auditorium hall I saw a very smiley Felix running towards me at full speed.

And he kept running. He didn't even stop when we were less than a feet apart. I saw his eyes widen just like mine did as his body slammed against mine.

I stumbled back and we both fell on the ground on our knees. Fortunately neither of us bumped our heads.

"God Felix! What ghost possessed you?" I groaned rubbing my knees as I got up.

When I didn't get an answer I looked up to see Felix dusting off his trousers, taking a mini mirror out of his pocket, fixing his blonde locks and applying his signature cherry lipgloss.

I rolled my eyes as I heard him smack his lips together to take one last look in the mirror. Once he was sure that he looked perfect as always he turned back to me. Finally.

"Bitch guess what!" He said, his toothy smile resurfacing on his freckled face.

He took out something else out of his pocket, something smaller. It was a key.