23 (Shookt)

LILY's POV.

"Lily, why are you crying?" grandpa asked me.

I went straight here from the place where i left Phim. I felt guilty that i left her like that but i couldn't stop it because of my emotions.

"Grandpa, i left Phim alone." i told him crying. He hugged me and caressed my back.

"You left her? I know you can't do that. Maybe it's just a misunderstanding. Relax honey and once you feel better go back and talk to her again okay?" he adviced me.

I'm aware of what grandpa wants to say. It's not right that i just went away without fixing the problem, but when we're hurt we became selfish to listen to the explanation, because all we care about at that moment was our own feelings.

"I will fix it grandpa." i assured him.

"Alright. Remember how important time is, once it's gone, you can't get it back. Don't wait until it's just a memory and the person was gone. I don't want you to regret in the end." he added and i nodded.

I'm in my room and just resting. I thought of checking my phone because i turned it off earlier on my way home.

*Message notification sound*

The messages and missed calls keeps popping on the screen and all of them were from Phim.

*I'm so sorry Love*
*Are you home now? Tell grandpa i'm sorry*
*Don't forget to clean your eyes before you go to bed*
*If you feel better please reply to me*
*I will wait for you, love*
*I'm sorry, I love you*

She spammed me with her messages but i noticed this email she sent so i opened it right away.

*David Smith/Rockfell Ent./+41 765-5556-40*

*Love, that's the information i got from Aon's phone, maybe it can help you find evidences against him*

She sent to me.

So this was the reason why she did that earlier.

Aish! She's so careless.

But i underestimated what she could do.
I forgot that she's somehow liberated not like me. She's a girl with a tough aura and with a strong personality.

But I'm still not okay with what she did. She almost put herself into danger because of that, she was really too hasty and impulsive.

However, i felt even more guilty that i didn't allowed her to explain.

I know she feels badand i must make it up to her when i come back. I just need to focus on the the deal with grandma first because there are only 3 days left for me.

I will spend these days to collect solid evidences and then i will return.

I'll just take a sick leave so i can have an excuse to the office.

*Please stop crying, don't blame yourself, I'm sorry. Let's talk when I get back there. Remember, I love you*

I sent this message to Phim so that she can at least assure herself that i'm not leaving her.

~~~~
On The Next Day;

I thought about calling grandma to inform her with this. I know she can help me a lot with this problem.

-📱-

ME: Hello grandma, am i disturbing you? MADAM: No lily, why did you call? What's the matter?
ME: This is something so important grandma. I just discovered an irregularity on Buzzler, someone is stealing money from the company. And what shocked me is that Mr. Aon signed it. Phim and i think that he's involved. She sent me the details and i will forward it to you.
MADAM: So he's really doing shitty things on my back, thank you lily, my decision was right that you're in Buzzler because you're intelligent and dedicated. Meet me here at the mansion and let's talk.
ME: I will go there grandma, see you.