Chapter 5: Difficult Decision

Hi! Here is the continuation with the return to the Koltyan family and the Menariyä Tunti clan. And you will see that the children are not easier than the Sully's ;). Feel free to vote, if you liked it or comment.

Twaly's point of view

Guided by Father and Mother, the tribe headed north, going deeper into the forest. The young mothers were on the Pa'lis, carrying their babies along with those who had difficulty walking. Morale was low, due to the loss of our home and clan members.

To our horror, we didn't even have bodies to bury them with. However, Father took the time to sing a mournful song to allow their souls to rest in Eywa. And his last words appealed to me

"Destruction is an end. But also the beginning of a new life. This is the balance that Eywa wants".

Even if I understood the meaning of Father's words, in order to allow the clan to rise again to begin our long journey, was this really what the Great Mother wanted? Wanting to know more about this, I went to talk to her about it, when I heard Mother's angry voice inside our family home.

Mother: You can't ask me that, Tsylan!

At that moment, my brother and sister arrived and I signaled them to be quiet. I kept my ears open, with a minimum of movement so as not to alarm. It had been a while since I had seen Mother and Father argue. But it seemed like a pretty serious subject right now.

Father: We have no choice, Lut! And you know that!

Mother: It's my whole life! And you're asking me to give it up! Eywa herself appointed me to do this. The clan needs its guides!

Father: Lutsey, you are related to Neytiri! Jake will probably be the primary target of the RDA. And therefore, we will be potential targets. If you want to protect the clan so badly, there is no other alternative.

RDA? I wondered what that was. But from what Father said, he didn't seem to like Uncle Jake. And by extension, could threaten us. I could understand his logic, but how strong was this enemy to worry Father?

Mother: Tsylan...I can't...You're asking too much.

Father: Lutsey... We have to protect the clan and staying there will only put it in danger. You are potentially in their sights. And if they find out I survived, it will be the same for me. And I don't need to tell you any more, if they know that the orange-eyed clan still existed.

The suggestion was clear enough, making us exchange a worried look with each other. The clan seemed to have already been confronted with this formidable opponent and had lost, narrowly missing out. It was hard not to think about what happened to our dear Kelutral, several days ago. Was the GDR capable of doing worse than that?

Suddenly, we were surprised to hear Mother crying, so much so that Father took her in his arms. However, I could hear the pain in his voice, even if he tried to hide it.

Father: It's for the best. For everyone.

Mother: I know... But it is so hard, Tsylan...

Father calmly: I know, dear. But the best decisions are not always the easiest ones to make.

What was that terrible decision that put Mother in such a state?

Several months passed,

Soon we reached our destination with relief. The journey was long, some of us had started to lose courage. But the sight of the majestic tree reigning over the forest brought relief to our hearts.

Cries of joy arose as we flew around the Tree House to inspect it. It was much larger than our previous one, and was unoccupied. It was perfect for our lost clan.