Chapter 24: Decision

Here's the reaction to Tsikey's decision and the management's proposal. Feel free to vote if you like it, or to comment.

Twaly's point of view

I looked at my twin, trying to understand his words.

Me: What do you mean?

He stared at me, with a pained look on his face, but his gleam showed that his mind was made up.

Tsikey: Eywa has shown me my path. I must go to the western lands. A Sarentu needs help.

Sylwyn: Sarentu? I thought they'd all disappeared, almost at the same time as our clan's second overnight stay.

Tsikey: I thought so too. But Eywa showed me a survivor, who will need help in her fight against the RDA.

Me: Mother wouldn't agree.

Even though I knew that if Tsikey pulled out Eywa's argument, Eywa's core belief would silence her convictions.

Tsikey shrugged: We'll see, Twaly.

I sighed. Our family was struggling to come to terms with the loss of Father. Even though Mother did her best to hold her head high, I could see that Father's absence weighed heavily on her. Father had always calmed her down and given her advice. Now alone, I could feel the pressure she was putting on herself. And Lo'ak's recent exploits weren't helping matters either, putting Uncle Jake under pressure too. This made him particularly unpleasant towards his sons, especially his youngest. Suddenly, I heard Neteyam's voice, congratulating his brother on having escaped the "killer of Tulkun and Na'vis". Who was he talking about? It didn't seem to have any effect, judging by his tone afterwards.

Lo'ak: You're not listening to me!

Kiri: Yes, I am! I'm listening to you! Lo'ak, come back! You idiots!

Driven by curiosity, I went over and noticed Lo'ak leaving in the distance. Tsiyera watched him with genuine concern, while Kiri sighed. Neteyam watched her brother walk away with a saddened look on her face. As for Tuk, she shared the same sentiment, which made my heart ache. And then...

Me to A'onung and Rotxo: What the hell are you two doing with my cousins?!

Kiri: Oh oh..

I looked at them, lightning flashing in my eyes, ready to paint their picture again. To my frustration, Neteyam came between me and them, trying to calm me down.

Neteyam: I can understand your reaction, Twaly. But Lo'ak has forgiven them.

Me: I don't give a damn! Those morons still abandoned Lo'ak, in a hostile environment. Your own brother!

Neteyam: What's done is done. Lo'ak has given them his forgiveness.

Tsikey coldly: Neteyam, I agree with Twaly. Even if it was a very bad joke, Lo'ak could have died.

Kiri: Great. The pair toe the line. Constantly living in anger won't help things. If we want to live here...

Me: Have you forgotten that those bastards called you a monster, Kiri?

She remained silent, seeing my sister's brutal reply. But she wasn't wrong. Our cousins are far too forgiving.

Sylwyn: Big brother, big sister... It's true that A'onung and his gang behaved very badly towards us. But if we stick to our guns, it'll only get worse.

Tsiyera: Your resentment is legitimate. My older brother didn't behave respectably and what he did to Lo'ak may justify your anger.

I could see that she glanced at her brother, who had his head bowed and looked away in shame. Followed by her friend, Rotxo.