Finally With You

Miranda made it home and when she got to her bedroom there was a blue and green wrap dress with black heels laid out on the bed. Miranda rubbed her hand across the material and smiled. She figured if she had a key to his place it was a good thing for him to have one to her house thought before going to the bathroom to take a shower. Once she got out of the shower she moisturized her skin and put on a blue bra and panty set.

She decided to do her hair and makeup before putting on the dress that Ben put on the bed. Once she was done getting ready her door bell rang. She answered the door and Ben was standing there with a floral arrangement in hand.

"You look gorgeous just like I thought you would," Ben said smiling.

"Thank you Benjamin," Miranda said taking the arrangement from his hands and sitting it on her foyer table.

Ben took her  by the hand as they walked to the car. "Where are we going," Miranda asked as she looked up at him.

"I won't be answering that, you will just find out when we get there," Ben said as he opened the car door for her.

Once Ben was in the car and started driving he reached over and took Miranda's hand into his. She looked over at him and then paid attention to the way that he held her hand. It was attentive and intentional in the way he held her hand like he was saying how he felt. And the way he rubbed his thumb back and forth lovingly told her that's how he felt.

For the first time in over a year something as simple as her best friend holding her hand made her want to give herself to him. In her mind it was still too soon to consider that but they knew each other well despite the three year separation. Miranda finally snapped out of her thoughts and looked up at all the tall buildings. Ben was approaching the Four Seasons.

Ben looked over at her as she looked around, "we're going to have dinner at the restaurant in the Four Seasons."

"Okay, I've heard that the food is really good," Miranda replied.

"And then I paid for one of their suites," Ben said and Miranda looked at him wide eyed.

They pulled up to the valet desk and the attendant helped Miranda to get out the car. Ben walked around and handed the keys to the attendant and Ben quickly gave him a tip. The couple walked hand in hand into the hotel and Miranda immediately looked up at the crystal chandelier. There was soft jazz music playing in the background as Ben lead them over to the restaurant. When they walked into the dimly lit area the host smiled at them and lead them to a booth.

As they waited on the waiter to come they looked at each other smiling as if they were shy and didn't know what to say.

"Miranda I need to get some things off of my chest. Having you back in my life has been amazing. And you being willing to help out with Amanda has been a huge blessing to me. But at the same time I don't want you feeling as though that is the only reason I want you with us."

Miranda sat there listening attentively as Ben expressed himself. Suddenly the waiter arrived and introduced himself.

"Hey I'm Chad and I will be your waiter. What kind of drinks I can I get you?"

"Can we get some water and a bottle of your most popular champagne," Ben said.

Ben paused for a moment and reached out for Miranda's hands. She placed her hands in his and it felt like electricity went through her body at his touch.

"I feel like I mishandled our relationship and you over three years ago. And I'm sorry for that....I just want you to know that I'm serious about you. I want to give you everything I should've given you then. Like my patience while you figured things out. And I should've communicated my feelings with you before I got Cynthia pregnant. I've wanted you the whole time and I've missed you all this time that we've been apart. And I should've fought for you even when you chose Antwan because you had the right to choose him."

Miranda held his hands tightly as he shared his heart with her and tears threatened to fall because he was saying everything she needed to hear.

"Ben thank you for saying that because I needed to hear that. I know that you wanted to start where we left off before we involved Antwan and Cynthia. I've was scared of what could go wrong this time around. But I know we've both grown from our mistakes. You were my best friend and I loved you....love you so much.

"I love you so much too," Ben said kissing her hand.

"I plan to give you everything you need and anything you want."

Miranda felt her body tingle at the thought of him giving her everything she needed and wanted. It had been two years and she finally had the man she wanted all along back but she still felt it was too soon to be intimate.

Ben and Miranda seemed to rush through dinner anticipating what was inside of the suite that Ben booked. Miranda looked up at Ben as he lead them to the suite. She felt such a sense of peace with her hand connected to his. Ben took the key card and unlocked the door. Miranda looked at the king size bed with pajamas and snacks on the bed.

"I know you love movie nights. And one of the first things you asked me when we became friends was for us to have a sleep over. So I figured what better way to start our relationship then to have a sleepover," Ben said and Miranda just stood there quietly with a soft expression on her face.

"I got all your favorite snacks and I even bought all the star wars movies so that we could watch them. Or we could find a horror movie to watch," Ben said sounding as if he was about to start rambling.

Miranda rushed up to him and pulled his face down to hers. She stared into his eyes before their lips gracefully glided together. Ben pulled Miranda closer by the waist. She moaned as he slowly pushed his tongue into her mouth, taking over and Miranda felt like she was in a dream.

Ben had just eaten but he felt hungry, craving more of Miranda. Kissing her felt like the best thing he'd ever experienced and he wanted more. He needed to take a breath but he didn't want to stop kissing her. Miranda finally pulled away looking dizzy with red, swollen lips as she looked up at Ben.

"Ben....make love to me please."