Chapter 4

The Last few weeks have flown by, filled with meetings and press for the new album

The Last few weeks have flown by, filled with meetings and press for the new album. Harry announced the tour a couple weeks ago and ever since I have gained a lot more attention. My album is still in the charts, so management is happy.

I've been given two weeks to relax before rehearsals for the tour begin so I have decided to try spend as much time with friends and family as possible. Harry and I haven't spoken since the night I found out about the tour which makes me feel a bit sad.

"Lucy what time are we going?" Talia questions "I believe we are leaving at 7:30" I reply. I invited Talia to Lizzo's Halloween party she is throwing. I've never met Lizzo, she reached out on Instagram and randomly invited me; Of course, I couldn't say no.

I put my long white boots on and look in the mirror. I decided to go as an astronaut although something about this outfit tells me it wouldn't be very safe in space. Probably something to do with the fact I barely have anything on.

Talia walks into the room wearing the tightest black bodysuit I think I've ever seen. She is apparently a cat; it was the best she could come up with in the days' notice I had given her.

"Do you think Harry will be there" she says with excitement "I'm not sure, I know he is friends with Lizzo so maybe, if he is I promise to introduce you if you promise not to be a psycho" I say crossing my arms, she laughs "I'll try my best".

We finish getting ready and head to the party. As we pull up there are crowds of people and a red carpet with paparazzi, I didn't know this was a public affair.

Brendan opens the door and I step out. I hear the crowds roar with cheer as I walk down the carpet smiling for the cameras, I feel a lot more confident tonight then previous events.

Talia and I walk inside and it's beautiful. Lizzo and her team haven't spared any money on the decorations. "Wow" Talia says next to me "I can't believe we are in this room right now" she adds. I smile and look around the room.

"Looking for me" I hear in my ear "Harry" I turn around and he brings me in for a hug "this is my sister Talia" I say directing his attention. He extends his hand out to her "Hi, I'm Harry" his smile melts me "I know" is all she manages to say. He laughs

"How have you been Lu, haven't heard from you in a while" he puts his hand on my shoulder and playfully shoves me. I laugh "I've been great, really busy getting ready for tour. What about you". "Same as me, It's starting to get exciting. By the way can I just say you look stunning. I mean you both look stunning" he says looking at Talia; her face goes bright red

"Thanks H, you look great. What are you? A baseball player?" I look over his outfit "I am, do you like it?" he questions "love it" I say giggling.

"LUCYYY" I hear a loud voice, "I'm so glad you could make it, it's so great to finally meet you" Lizzo says excitedly. "Lizzo, thank you for having us. I've been a big fan for so long" I say welcoming her hug.

"Make yourselves at home, if I can get you anything just ask" she smiles. "Could you please point me to the bathrooms" Talia asks. "I'll take you Hun" Talia and Lizzo walk off. 

"I love the costume" Harry says when we are left alone. I look down "it's a bit revealing" I giggle "you look sexy" he whispers.

I feel my cheeks heat up, so I look away "sorry was that inappropriate" Harry asks "no it's not that" I respond. "What is it then?" harry questions "I'm just not used to the compliments" I say awkwardly.

"What do you mean, you're Lucy Butler you get hundreds of compliments a day" he says in a serious manner. "Yeah, but they are from people who I don't know, or they are from people who earn money from my success. It's different, it's nice".

"Well, I intend to compliment you more often than, then you will get used to it" he says smiling. I laugh "I appreciate you H".

"Hey, what are friends for" the words hurt as they come out. 'friends' he called me his friend, I was officially friend zoned by Harry Styles. How can he call me sexy then a friend. No boy has ever made me this confused

"Thanks friend" I say laughing. Talia returns and we begin talking about the tour. Talia then talks about her TikTok success and her plans in the future.

The rest of the night is spent dancing, drinking and meeting new people. I eventually made it home at three am. Night spent well, talia has already passed out next to me.

The next morning, I wake up feeling awful, I leave for tour tomorrow and there is so much to do. However, everything hurts. This is the worst hangover ever; I look over at the time 10am.

I hear the doorbell ring, so I eventually drag myself to the door unaware of how I look. When I open the door, I'm met with those green eyes "Harry what are you doing here" I say wrapping the robe tighter around me.

"Well after last night I presumed you wouldn't be feeling too hot this morning, so I brought breakfast over for you" he simply says. "a little heads up would have been nice, I'm a little indecent" I say pointing to the robe.

"What do you mean, you look great. Can I come in?" harry begins walking in before I have the chance to say anything "yeah sure come in Harry. Make yourself welcome" I say sarcastically, he laughs putting the McDonalds breakfast on the table.

This man is so confusing, he is giving me so many mixed signals I don't know what to make of it all. "You really didn't need to bring breakfast" I say picking up the coffee he bought.

"I know, I wanted to do something nice. Considering you will be opening for me for the next few months we will be spending a lot of time together, so I want to build a friendship with you" he says sipping his coffee

So, its friendship he wants, I'm glad that's cleared by. I need to stop thinking he wants me. "Thank you Harry, I'm excited to build a friendship with you" he reaches into the bag and hands me a hash brown.

After we finish the breakfast harry asks if I'd like to go on a hike. Of course, I didn't want to, but when he smiled at me it was impossible to say no. so we are currently walking up some hill and I am dying.

I look like a drowned rat covered in sweat and Harry looks like he hasn't burnt a single calorie. How can someone be so perfect even when they are working out.

We arrive to the top of the mountain and look at the view "It's nice isn't it" he says looking at me, "it's beautiful" I reply. "The thing I love most about hikes is how quiet it is. My life is constantly so loud but up here it's quiet. Its my happy place" I smile at his words.

"Do you come up here a lot" I ask, "I do but usually alone or with my trainer" he responds looking at me. Our bodies are so close "I feel honoured you brought me up here" smiling he touches my face.

I tilt my face into his hand, his thumb slides over my cheek towards my lips. His thumb grazes over my lips. As if a sudden realisation hits him, he takes his hand away and moves away from me.

"Sorry I really shouldn't have done that, let's go back" before I have the chance to respond he is already walking down the hill.

________________________

As you can probably tell, I'm setting the story to be taking place in 2021 before Harry started love on tour. I really hope you are enjoying the story, I'm really enjoying writing it !