Chapter 37

Harry hasn't responded to any of my messages since last night, leaving me in the dark about what's going on. No one, not even my assistant, has contacted me.

After finishing my breakfast, I begin cleaning the dishes, and just as I start to wonder about the silence, my phone starts buzzing on the kitchen counter. Glancing at the screen, I see that it's Harry calling.

"Hey, are you okay?" I say into the phone.

"I'm sorry I didn't call earlier. I didn't want to call until I knew what was happening," he explains.

"And now you know what's happening?" I ask.

"Your contract with Columbia has been terminated," he drops the bombshell.

"Wait, what!" I exclaim. The abrupt shift from touring with Harry to being without a contract is overwhelming. "What did you do, Harry?" I demand, my voice rising.

"Relax," he begins, attempting to soothe the rising tension.

"Relax?" I interrupt, incredulous.

"Like I said, I didn't want to call you until I knew what was happening," he clarifies.

"So now you're calling to let me know that I don't have a job?" I express my frustration, pacing around the kitchen.

"No," he sighs, "I'm going to be at your hotel in like 10 minutes. Just wait for me, and I'll explain everything," he promises.

"Okay," I say, trying to calm down.

"Trust me, okay, baby?" he reassures, his voice calming. "I've got you."

Ten minutes later, there's a soft knock on the door. When I open it, Harry stands there, looking tired with bags under his eyes. He's wearing black shorts and a hoodie pulled over his head, seeming worn out.

"Please tell me you have a plan," I say, stepping forward and hugging him. Even though he might have just gotten me fired and despite not knowing if he has a plan, the feel of Harry's arms around me makes me momentarily forget my worries.

"I do," he mumbles into my neck. His arms around my waist tighten, and I feel him let out a deep sigh against my skin.

We both pull away from the hug, and he holds my hand as we step inside, making our way to the couch. "Do you want anything to eat or drink?" I ask, motioning toward the kitchen.

"I can name one thing I'd like to eat," he winks, his green eyes mischievous.

"Harry," I swat his arm playfully, a small laugh escaping my lips "This is not the time". Even in the midst of this chaos, his ability to make me laugh is a welcome relief.

"Kidding," he laughs, pulling me closer and planting a gentle kiss on my forehead. "But not really kidding," he adds with a teasing grin.

I pull back, maintaining a sense of levity despite the tension. Leaning forward, I place a soft kiss on his lips. "Please tell me what's going on," I say, settling on the couch, crossing my legs.

He takes a deep breath, his gaze locked on mine. "It's a mess, babe. A big one."

I raise an eyebrow, encouraging him to share. "Start from the beginning."

"Alright," he begins, his fingers tracing patterns on the couch. "I decided to terminate my contract with Columbia today."

"What?" My eyes widen in shock. "Why would you do that?"

Harry sighs, running a hand through his disheveled curls. "I couldn't let them control our narrative, love. It was getting out of hand, and I couldn't stand by and watch them use us like that. So, I told them I'm out."