Chapter 22

"I think we look good," Shawn says, a playful glint in his eyes as he gazes at the post I had just shared on Instagram. He winks at me, savouring the moment. A smile tugs at the corners of his lips, brimming with confidence.

I can't help but roll my eyes playfully at his self-assured remark. "Yeah, picture-perfect couple, huh?" I retort, a hint of teasing in my voice.

We don't talk to each other for the rest of the drive. When we arrive, Shawn walks me out of the car, navigating past the paparazzi who have obviously somehow been told about the event. I hold onto Shawn's arm and let him lead the way.

Shawn guides us with practised ease, deftly manoeuvring through the chaos. The air is charged with a mix of curiosity and anticipation, the paparazzi hungry for any snippet of information they can capture.

We step inside the venue, and immediately, the atmosphere electrifies with pulsating energy. The space is alive with vibrant colours and an undeniable sense of anticipation. A colossal stage dominates the centre, its impressive presence heightened by a spectacular light show that illuminates the room. The music reverberates through the air, its rhythm captivating and infectious. I don't know the people who are performing but they are incredible

To the left, a cool bar awaits, serving up all sorts of drinks. Bartenders are busy mixing colourful concoctions, and the air is filled with the clinks of glasses and the sweet smell of cocktails.

I spot a balcony, overlooking the dancefloor below. People are moving to the beat, letting loose and having a great time.

But what surprises me the most is the number of people here. The place is packed with a lively crowd, a mix of different faces and excited conversations. I thought this party was just for the crew, this is most definitely more than just our crew.

Shawn leans down and whispers in my ear, "Want a drink?" I nod and reply with a simple "Please." He flashes a quick smile and assures me, "I'll be right back." With that, he leaves my side and makes his way toward the bar.

As I survey the room, my eyes land on a group of familiar crew members, faces I've seen around but haven't really gotten to know. Nobody that I would feel comfortable interrupting conversations...

Then, I spot Harry, standing tall in the corner, engrossed in a conversation with his guitarist, Mitch. I can't help but be drawn to him—the way he chuckles at Mitch's jokes, the genuine joy that lights up his eyes, and the way his smile crinkles the corners of his eyes. It's as if time stands still, and I find myself unable to break away from the enchanting sight before me.

In a desperate attempt to regain my composure, I try to divert my eyes, but I fail miserably. I end up staring for a moment too long, caught up in the magnetism of his presence. It's as if there's an invisible thread connecting us, tugging at my curiosity and igniting an intense desire to be a part of his world.

Just as I'm about to regain my composure, Harry's piercing gaze locks onto mine, causing my heart to skip a beat. Panicking, I quickly avert my eyes, hoping he didn't notice the intensity of my gaze. I'm trying to make him think I'm into Shawn, not him.

"Here we go," Shawn's voice reaches me from behind, and I spin around to face him. He hands me a drink, and I take a closer look—it's a margarita—not exactly my first choice, but the gesture is there. I offer him a warm smile and express my gratitude with a sincere "Thank you."

The first sip sends a fiery jolt down my throat, instantly alerting me to the drink's strength. It's stronger than what I'm used to, and a familiar memory flashes through my mind—a reminder of the last time I let myself get carried away with alcohol. I recall waking up in Harry's bed, that definitely won't be happening again.