Chapter 20

As I'm about to step back onto the stage, the familiar rush of anticipation courses through my veins. Shawn's presence standing side stage, already spotted by fans, assures me that our plan is well underway. Taking a moment to touch up my makeup in my dressing room, I try to calm my racing thoughts.

But just as I'm about to gather myself, the door swings open, revealing Harry standing there. Surprise flickers across my face, though I quickly regain my composure, aiming for an air of nonchalance. "What are you doing in here Harry?" I ask, my voice attempting to sound casual, but my curiosity seeps through.

"I saw your fake boyfriend out there," Harry says closing the door behind him, he then crosses his arms and leans against the door, his gaze piercing.

I meet his eyes, a hint of mischief playing on my lips. "Yeah, he looks hot, doesn't he?" I tease, my tone laced with a touch of sarcasm. I want to provoke him, to stoke that ember of annoyance within him. After all, he's partly responsible for the mess I'm in, and after the way he's treated me, he deserves a taste of his own medicine.

Harry's expression tightens, his jaw clenching as he absorbs my words. His eyes flicker with a mix of emotions—frustration, regret, and perhaps a hint of jealousy. I can't help but feel a pang of satisfaction, knowing that I've managed to provoke a reaction from him.

"Also, maybe I'm not so into the fake boyfriend thing," I say, taking deliberate steps closer to Harry. A mischievous smile tugs at the corners of my lips. "Maybe I'll make him my actual boyfriend."

Harry's eyes widen in surprise, his expression a mix of disbelief and a flicker of something else. "You wouldn't," he challenges, his voice tinged with a hint of uncertainty.

I close the distance between us, our faces mere inches apart. I can feel the warmth of his breath against my skin, the crackling tension between us palpable. "I don't know," I whisper, my voice husky and filled with innuendo. "The thought of his hands on my body turns me on."

His breath makes it obvious my words have affected him, I can't help but smirk as I lean closer, my lips brushing against his ear. "Plus, I think he could make me feel better than you ever could."

In an instant, his hand finds its way to my waist, spinning us around and pressing me against the door. I feel the solid surface against my back as he stands between my legs, one hand securing mine above my head, and the other firmly holding my chin, "Don't you ever fucking say that again" he says between his teeth.

Time seems to freeze as our bodies remain locked in this charged embrace. The intensity in his eyes matches the racing of my own heart. But just as the fire threatens to consume us, a voice shatters the electric silence. It's Emma, my assistant, reminding me I'm on in 5.

Her interruption jolts me back to reality, and I swiftly push Harry away, breaking the spell that had momentarily entranced us. "What we had is over, just leave, Harry," I say, my voice tinged with frustration, as I turn away and walk back over to the mirror.

In the reflection, I catch a glimpse of the anger and disappointment etched on his face. The weight of his unspoken words hangs heavy in the air as he turns around and walks away, leaving me standing there alone. It's in that moment that a wave of self-doubt crashes over me, questioning every choice I've ever made.

Why does this hurt so much?

Why can't I get him out of my head?

And the worst thing about it is he probably doesn't even care, his just sad he can't get laid.

The performance goes great, I try my best to take my mind off Harry instead I focus on the show. Amidst the sea of cheering faces, I steal glances at Shawn, hoping that the cameras capture our moments together. Deep down, I know that Harry is watching too, and I want him to see me looking at Shawn and not him.