Chapter 5

I stand there, stunned, trying to process what just happened. "Lucy come on; I need to go".

I snap out of my daze, realizing that Harry is urging me to leave the hill. Confusion swirls within me, but I quickly gather my thoughts and follow him back down the trail in silence.

We make our way to the car, and the drive back is filled with awkward tension. He wanted to kiss me I know he did, I wanted him to kiss me.

I want him to kiss me so badly, why didn't I just lean it. I sigh leaning against the window.

As we arrive at my place, Harry parks the car and turns off the engine. I unbuckle my seatbelt and turn to face him, "Thanks for breakfast and the hike".

He turns to me and smiles "It's all good" Harry's voice becomes slightly strained as he continues, "Look, Lucy, before we head on this tour I think it's best if we establish some boundaries. I don't want to lead you on or give you false hope. I'm in a complicated situation, and it wouldn't be fair to either of us to pursue anything beyond friendship."

His words hit me like a punch to the gut, and I can feel my heart sinking even further. The hope I had tried to bury resurfaces, only to be crushed once again. I muster up a weak smile, attempting to mask my disappointment.

I nod, with a fake smile to mask my disappointment "No worries, Harry," I say "I totally get it, and honestly that's all I want as well" I lie.

I turn away opening the car door, pretending to be disinterested, though my heart is still aching. Deep down, I had hoped for something more, but I refuse to let him see how much his words have affected me. "I'll see you in a few weeks for tour".

"Yep, see you then Lu" he says as I close the car door and make my way to the front of my building, trying not to dwell on the mixed emotions swirling inside me. Deep down, I had always admired Harry as an artist and a person, and the idea of a deeper connection had captivated my imagination. But I also understand that life doesn't always work out the way we envision it.

Over the next few weeks, I throw myself into the preparations for the tour. I work closely with my team, fine-tuning the details of my performances, and engaging with my fans through social media. The excitement of sharing my music and connecting with people fuels me, helping to overshadow any lingering disappointment from my interaction with Harry.

The day of the first show in Las Vegas finally arrives, and I find myself standing in the dressing room, nerves tingling beneath my skin. I post on Instagram and get dressed.

Walking to the side stage, I witness all the fans flock to witness the magic of Harry Styles. I take a deep breath, reminding myself of the countless hours I've poured into my craft and the years of dedication to my music.

 I take a deep breath, reminding myself of the countless hours I've poured into my craft and the years of dedication to my music

As I step onto the stage, the bright lights blind me momentarily, and the deafening roar of the crowd fills my ears. I gather my composure and dive into my first song, pouring my heart and soul into each lyric and melody. The energy in the room is palpable, and I feel the crowd's enthusiasm building with every note.