Chapter 6

Brendan guides me to the car parked beneath the stadium. It's a secluded area, away from the fans, so I can finally relax. The dimly lit underground corridors create a calm atmosphere as we make our way. I'm grateful for this moment of peace after the excitement of the concert.

I settle into the cozy car seat, feeling a sense of relief. Brendan takes his place behind the wheel, and the engine starts with a gentle hum. But just as Brendan begins to pull away, a figure suddenly appears at the car door.

It's Harry.

My heart skips a beat as I watch him jump into the backseat with an excited grin. I'm taken aback, my mind racing to make sense of this unexpected turn of events. The air in the car crackles with a mixture of surprise and anticipation.

"Hey, mind if I join you?" Harry asks, his voice laced with a hint of mischief.

I manage to stammer out a response, my voice filled with equal parts shock and delight. "Harry, what are you doing?"

He shrugs playfully, his green eyes twinkling mischievously. "I mean we are going to the same hotel; it would be dumb to waste two cars. Don't you think?"

A smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I realize the logic behind Harry's impulsive decision. It's hard to argue with his reasoning, and a sense of relief washes over me, knowing that he chose to be here. The tension that had lingered between us earlier dissipates, replaced by a newfound sense of ease.

"True," I reply, my voice laced with amusement. "No need for unnecessary carbon emissions."

Harry chuckles, his eyes crinkling with amusement. "Exactly, doing our part for the environment, you know."

I playfully roll my eyes, "Always the eco-conscious rockstar, aren't you?"

He feigns offense, placing a hand dramatically over his heart. "Hey now, don't underestimate my commitment to sustainability."

We both share a laugh, the air lightening with our banter. It feels good to let go of the earlier tension and just enjoy each other's company.

"So, are we officially carpooling buddies now?" I ask, a teasing tone in my voice.

Harry nods, a mischievous glint returning to his eyes. "Looks like it. Consider yourself lucky, not everyone gets to ride shotgun with Harry Styles."

I smirk, unable to resist the opportunity for a playful jab. "Ah yes, Harry Styles, the epitome of humility. It's truly awe-inspiring."

Harry feigns offence, placing a hand dramatically over his chest. "Oi, now, I'll have you know I'm the most humble person you'll ever meet. Just ask anyone."

I play along, pretending to be convinced. "Oh, of course! How could I ever doubt your humility? It radiates from you like a halo."

Harry chuckles, shaking his head. "Well, I'm glad we've established that. It's important to keep my halo shining, you know."

I raise an eyebrow, unable to resist pushing the banter a little further. "Yes, Harry, the world needs your radiant humility to guide us all."

He grins, his dimples deepening. "I do try my best. It's a tough job, but someone has to do it."

We continue our playful exchange, exchanging witty remarks and exaggerated compliments. It's refreshing to see this side of Harry, to witness his ability to let loose and embrace the lighthearted moments.

As the car glides through the city streets, the playful banter acts as a soundtrack, filling the air with a delightful energy. Time seems to fly by, and before we know it, we arrive at the hotel.