Chapter 11

Resist Harry Styles

Easy...

Who am I kidding, this is going to be the hardest thing of my life.

But having the ability to say Harry Styles couldn't resist me is making me really want to take on this challenge.

Now, all I need to do is make it as hard as possible for him. If he doesn't give in soon, I don't think I'm going to win this competition.

Philadelphia 16th September 2021

Today's a good day.

Kyra, my best friend whom I haven't seen in months, is flying in. It's the hardest part of the job not being able to see friends and family but it's nothing that would make me want to give all this up. It also feels nice to be able to afford to fly friends in when ever I want.

Tonight, I have a private show lined up for someone in the industry. To be honest, I don't know much about it, but the offer came with a hefty paycheck and free drinks all night. I couldn't resist saying yes.

"Arriving now, Lu," Brendan says, glancing at me through the rearview mirror. I offer him a smile before turning my attention to my phone. As I scroll through Instagram, a photo of Harry catches my eye. It's strange to see pictures of him now and witness the frenzy of fans surrounding him. He's transformed in my eyes, no longer just Harry Styles, the singer. He's become Harry Styles, the guy who stirs up a whirlwind of emotions within me, feelings I'm not even ready to acknowledge.

 He's become Harry Styles, the guy who stirs up a whirlwind of emotions within me, feelings I'm not even ready to acknowledge

To avoid the chaotic fan frenzy at the airport, Brendan steps out of the car to locate Kyra. Moments later, he returns with Kyra following closely behind. She hops into the car, and I can't contain my excitement. "KYRA!" I shout, throwing my arms around her in a tight embrace.

She returns my embrace with equal enthusiasm, a bright smile spreading across her face. "Lu, I've missed you so much"

"I've missed you too," I reply, my voice filled with genuine affection. She pulls back from me holding onto my shoulders "Lucy Butler, can you believe this. You just flew me across the country" she says laughing.

"I know, it's crazy," I respond, still in awe of the situation. Kyra releases her hold on me, her eyes widening in excitement. "Harry Styles," she exclaims, her mouth forming an amazed expression.

"Please tell me you've become besties with him," she continues, eagerly awaiting my response.

I chuckle and shake my head, knowing too well how much we used to obsess over Harry together and how huge of a deal this is. "Well, we're not exactly besties," I say with a playful smirk. "But we've been spending some time together."

Kyra's eyes widen even further if that's even possible. "Oh my God, spill the tea, Lucy! What's he like? Is he as dreamy in person as he is on stage?"

I can't help but laugh at her enthusiasm. "He's... captivating, he is probably everything you would expect him to be times 100."