Chapter 38

The anticipation of the evening hangs in the air as we step into Madison Square Garden. The familiar hum of pre-show excitement fills the backstage area. Technicians adjust equipment, and roadies scurry about, ensuring everything is in place for the night's performance.

Harry and I share a quiet moment in his dressing room, away from the bustling preparations. He's seated on the couch, tuning his guitar, while I sit cross-legged on the floor, watching him with a smile. The room is filled with the soft hum of conversation and the distant thrum of the crowd gathering outside.

"You know," he says, looking up at me, "I still can't believe we're doing this. Together."

I grin, feeling the same thrill of disbelief. "It's been a wild ride, hasn't it?"

He nods, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. "Wild, but worth every moment."

As he strums a few chords, the melody of our favourite song fills the room. I close my eyes, letting the music wash over me. It's a song I've never heard but it sounds beautiful.

Harry sets the guitar aside and reaches out to pull me up onto the couch beside him. He wraps his arm around my shoulders, and I lean into him, savouring the warmth and familiarity of his embrace. The scent of his cologne mixes with the lingering smell of the guitar wood, creating a comforting aroma that makes me feel at home.

He takes a deep breath, his gaze unwavering. "This tour with you has been the best time of my life. Being with you, sharing these moments, has made everything so much more meaningful."

My heart races, sensing the weight of his words. "Harry..."

"I've been meaning to finally say—" Before he can continue, there's a knock on the door, and Laura, his publicist, peeks in. "Harry, it's time to get ready. You're on in fifteen."

Harry sighs, looking back at me with a mix of frustration and longing. "We'll talk later, okay?"

I nod, giving him a reassuring smile. "Go knock 'em dead."

He squeezes my hand before standing up and heading out to the stage. I watch him go, feeling a sense of anticipation building within me. The room suddenly feels emptier without him, and I take a deep breath, preparing myself for the night ahead.

The concert is a huge success. The energy of the crowd is infectious, and Harry's performance is electrifying. I watch from the side of the stage, my heart swelling with pride and admiration. Every song, every note, it's perfect; he's perfect.

After the final encore, Harry rushes off stage, his face flushed with excitement. He grabs my hand, pulling me into a tight embrace. "All i wanted to do while on stage was come over here and rip your clothes off while you were dancing," he whispers into my ear, his breath warm against my skin.

A shiver runs down my spine at his words, and I can't help but laugh, playfully swatting his arm. "Calm down, rock star."

He grins, pressing a quick kiss to my lips. "Can't help it when you're out there looking so damn good."

We make our way back to his dressing room, where the rest of the team is already celebrating. There's laughter, cheers, and a sense of camaraderie that fills the room. But through it all, I can feel Harry's eyes on me, a silent promise of the conversation we've yet to finish.

Later that night, as the celebrations wind down, Harry and I slip away to the parking lot where a car waits to take us back to the hotel. He opens the door for me, a small, chivalrous gesture that makes me smile.

"Ready to head back?" he asks, sliding into the seat beside me.

I nod, feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness. "Yeah, let's go."