Chapter 13

"I'll have a vodka spritz, please!" I shout over the loud music, trying to get the bartender's attention. He nods and starts making the drink.

"Luuuuu!" I hear a shout from behind me, I turn around, my face breaking into a wide grin as I spot Kyra making her way towards me with Niall beside her.

"Kyraaa!" I yell back, catching her as she stumbles into my arms. "I love you, Lucy. You're the best," she says, as I try to steady her. Although with the amount I've had to drink, I can barely support myself let alone another person.

Niall notices my struggle and quickly steps in, supporting Kyra by putting her arm over his shoulder. "We're going to head off," he says, his voice filled with concern. "I'm staying at the same hotel, so I'll take her home. Did you want to come with us or stay here?"

I glance around the room, my eyes landing on Harry engrossed in conversation with some girl. A smile tugs at the corners of my lips as I shake my head. "I'm okay, Niall. I think I'll stay here for a while longer. Take care of Kyra."

As Niall and Kyra make their way out, a sense of anticipation courses through me. The bartender's voice breaks my train of thought as he shouts, "Vodka spritz!" I grab the drink, feeling its coolness against my fingertips. With a determined stride, I make my way back over to where Harry stands.

As I approach them, I can't help but notice the presence the tall, stunning blonde girl by his side. Her radiant beauty is captivating, and a flicker of intimidation washes over me. But I push those feelings aside, reminding myself of the game.

As I get closer to them, her playful demeanour and attempts to capture his attention become more apparent. A flicker of amusement dances in my eyes as I observe their interaction. It's clear that she's putting in considerable effort to engage him.

With a mischievous smile, I interject, playfully nudging Harry's arm. "Seems like you've got quite the fan club tonight, Harry," I tease, my voice laced with a hint of amusement.

"I am not a fan," the girl remarks, her tone slightly defensive as if my words were an insult. Harry, caught off guard by her response, "ouch"

Realizing the misunderstanding, she quickly interjects, trying to clarify her previous statement. "Oh, no, that's not what I meant, I mean I like your music of course... but like I'm not like an obsessive fan."

"It's all good, hun," I say with a sly smirk, meeting the other girl's gaze. "We're all fans of Harry here... nothing to be ashamed of." I emphasize the word "fans" playfully.

The girl's eyes widen for a moment, and a flicker of annoyance crosses her face. She can't hide her irritation as she questions, "Who even are you?"

I can't help but smirk at her question, I lean in closer, my voice dripping with playful sarcasm. "Oh, I'm just your friendly neighborhood Harry repellent. Here to save him from any unwanted admirers."

Harry stifles a chuckle, his eyes gleaming with amusement as he glances at me. The girl, clearly unimpressed by my teasing, retorts, "I don't have time for this. I'm out of here."

She turns to Harry, her voice laced with a mixture of challenge and invitation. "If you wanna get out of here, come find me." With a bold move, she leans in and plants a kiss on his cheek, leaving a trace of her lingering presence.

"She was delightful," I say with a sarcastic tone as I watch her leave. The hint of amusement in my voice is undeniable as if I find the whole situation rather amusing.

Harry smirks, clearly catching my sarcasm. "Oh, absolutely enchanting," he replies, his voice dripping with playful sarcasm.

"Where did your friend go?" Harry asks, his eyes searching the room for any sign of Kyra.