Chapter 10

Seulgi's POV

Her lips pressed against mine, as if trying to flatten and destroy my mouth. I pushed back, mouth open, tongue pushing past my clenched teeth to the moist space within.

I can feel her soft cheeks against my face as she gripped my head tightly, as if to keep me from fleeing. She pressed her lips against mine, our tongues battling back and forth like wrestlers, each attempting to pin the other. I wrapped my arms around her small waist, trying to deepen our kiss.

"Hyun," I gasped between kisses. As I'm turn on, my breathing becomes heavier.

She kissed me until we were out of breath. She rested her head against my chest, close to my heart. My heart rate is unusually fast. If this is a dream, please do not wake me up.

We just make one another happy. We were collecting our breath after all the kissing.

"Seulgi," she barely said as she looked at me. I almost didn't notice it because it's so quiet here. I looked at her face, her lips were red from the kiss we shared.

"Hmm," I hummed as I stroked her back.

"I accept your proposal." I frowned, wondering what she was on about.

"Huh?" What proposal?

"Stupid," She rolled her eyes at me.

Her mood shifts extremely quickly. "Think twice, or else I'll take it back."

I gave it some thought. What proposal is she talking about? As far as I recall, I only made one proposal.

My eyes widened as I realized what had happened. "R-Really?"

She nodded and cupped my cheeks in her palms. She nodded and cupped her hands around my cheeks. "Let's give it a shot. If it doesn't work out, you'll have to let me go."

I cheerfully nodded. "I promise, you won't be disappointed," I say as I wrap my arms around her and cuddle up to her neck.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I said as I kiss her on the forehead.

Finally! After three years! My happiness has no place here. I had been anticipating this moment for quite some time. I had hoped for a long time to see her recognize me as her husband. This is the opportunity after all these years. I'm not going to waste it. I'll give it my all. I'm not going to think about the negative side right now.

---

We'd only been there a few minutes when my phone rang. I was about to get my phone when Hyun beat me to it.

"Why did Jennie call you?" she questioned, her brows again meeting.

I scrunched my brows. "Ahh, because I promised her I'd treat her to dinner because I refused her invitation for lunch," I explained nervously. Her face is already dark; if looks could kill, I'd be dead by now.

She looked at me intently, as if she was assessing my personality. I averted my gaze, unable to keep up with the edge of her gaze.

"Cancel it," she said.

"What?! Why?" I yelled, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Just do what I said," she says with a dagger in her eye.

"But Hyun, Jennie has been waiting all day, she's been waiting for me for a while, it's bad to cancel it—" I was cut off when she crossed her arms and walked away.

I let out a sigh. "All right, I'll cancel it. I feel bad for Jen now," I grumbled.

"But don't you feel bad for her? She's been waiting all day," I reasoned. Maybe she'll feel guilty and let me go. I really feel bad for Jen, and if it doesn't work out, I'll feel even worse.

"Please, Hyun, please," I insist.

She sighed. "Fine"

"Yes!"

"I'm not done! I agree, but I'll also come," she stated.

"Can't that be a problem for us?"

She frowned and returned her gaze to me. "Just say you don't want to be with me because you're going to flirt with her."

"What? No, when did I flirt?"

"Shut up! Don't fight back, let's go," she said as she stepped off my lap.

I shook my head. This will be a disaster.

---

We're eating quietly in a restaurant right now. Despite the fact that the surroundings are noisy. No one dares to speak, so I remain silent and observe. Jennie and Hyun sat next to each other, while I sat across from them.

"So, what's going on?" Jennie asked, clearing her throat. While Hyun alternately looked at me.

"Unnie, this is your first meet. What's wrong? Are you high or something?" Jennie reacted.

Hyun put down her fork and looked at Jennie. "Does it hurt to eat with you?"

"No, it's just refreshing, and you want to eat with me even though you know I have a date," Jennie said abruptly. She even highlighted the word "date."

I felt Hyun's gaze on me, but I kept my head down. "Oh, I didn't realize you had a date," she said, imitating it.

"Anyway, I guess we'll just reschedule our date, Seul," I coughed in response to what she said.

"Oh what?" I asked, a little nervously. Hyun has a bad look on her face and is gripping the spoon tightly. It's as if she wants to hurl it at me.

"Let's just keep eating. It's bad to talk about food," Hyun suggested.

---

"Come with me, baby. I'll take you wherever you live," Jennie said, clinging to my arms.

We just finished our meal and are on our way home. I've been attempting to let go of her grip on me, but I can't. She just tightened it every time I pulled it out, so I let it go.

But I was still uneasy because I knew Irene was staring at me. I can feel her aiming daggers at us, or rather at me.

"Oh no, I'll just commute. Thank you for the treat, even though I should be paying," I scratched my head.

"No, I insist. I invited you, I'll just drop you off." She insisted.

"But-"

"He'll go with me, Jennie," Joohyun said, and we stopped arguing.

Jennie and I turned around at the same time. I gave her the "what are you saying?" look.

"No, unnie, I invited him here, so I should be the one to bring him home."

"He's my employee, Jennie, and he's under my supervision." Really? Hyun said that for the first time.

"Exactly, unnie, he's your employee. What will people think if they see you two together?"

"I don't care, Seulgi, let's go," she said as she walked to her car.

I turned to face Jennie. "Perhaps next time, Jen; thank you again for your treat, I-"

"Don't keep me waiting, Seulgi; let's go," Irene said powerfully.

"Yes, ma'am!" I exclaimed.

I gave Jennie an apologetic look. And apologized before getting into Hyun's car.

This is a fantastic day! It's embarrassing to admit, but I'm overjoyed.

Please fight for me, Hyun. Don't make me feel so ecstatic, my world will felt down if you leave me.