Chapter 34

Seulgi's POV

I woke up because of the sun's rays. I had a dream last night, someone called me and said they missed me. That's strange, why would I dream of that? It's probably just the effect of fatigue, causing me to imagine things. I got up from bed and tidied it.

Today is going to be a relaxed day. Maybe I'll just organize my things, then I'll visit my friend Jen. I miss Nini.

After I finished everything I needed to do in the bathroom, I went downstairs to cook. I can't help but smile when I remember how I used to just cook "hotsilog" whenever the budget allowed. But now, I have enough supplies for whatever I want to cook.

My house isn't that big, but it's not small either. I prefer simple but modern. I do have a small pool at the back of the house and 3 bedrooms, including mine. A modern kitchen, since I enjoy cooking, a dining room, and a living room.

To be honest, the money I'm saving is for a house with Irene. I want us to have a home that came from my earnings, not a gift from her parents.

After eating, I washed the dishes and the utensils I used. Then I got ready because I'm going to meet Jen.

It's also heartwarming to think that I have a car and I don't need to commute anymore. I'm really happy about how my life has changed in the past years. But I always reflect on how I started and where I came from.

I've also built a house for my mother and sibling. I invited them to live in my house, but my mom refused. She said it's for my future family, so I just had a house built for them.

I do visit them often, especially when I come back from another country. I also send them money for their needs.

My sister is now in college, and she's a lovely kid. I need to go back for her graduation, and I have to think about what gift to give her.

I decided to go back to AS Mall to buy things for the mother and daughter. Nini's birthday is coming up, so I'm looking for a gift.

I was about to enter the entrance when a guard suddenly blocked my way. "Ah, sir, did I do something wrong?"

"Mr. Kang, right?" the guard asked. Curious, I nodded.

"The owner of this mall wants to see you," he replied.

Huh? I don't know the owner of this mall, why would she want to see me? Maybe it's related to Iseul? I returned her daughter properly, so what could be the problem?

"Okay? But why?" I asked again.

"Just come with me, sir. I am not allowed to answer your questions."

I nodded to end the conversation. But I'm really wondering why the owner of this mall wants to meet me. Maybe she wants to invest in my business?

I followed the guard quietly, looking around. I still remember which floor it is since I took Iseul there.

"Sir, we have arrived at her office. You are the only one who's allowed to step out of this elevator, so please go straight and look for Madame's secretary." I followed his instructions and went to the secretary.

It's not surprising that a woman owns this mall, as Iseul mentioned that her mom owns it.

Before I could even speak, she beat me to it. "Mr. Kang, nice to meet you again. Madam is waiting for you inside. Please go now. She's been waiting for you for a while."

I knocked before entering. Why does this feel familiar? Remember, before I entered Irene's office, I knocked first.

"Hello?" I asked as I entered.

This type of office is really familiar. I can't remember whose, but I've seen this design before.

At the end, there's the owner's desk and chair, but she's facing away from me so I can't see her.

"Please come here." Even her voice is familiar.

I walked closer and sat down. "Uh, why did you want to see me, Ma'am?"

I expected her to answer right away, but she didn't, so I looked around the office.

I'm trying to remember whose office looks like this. I probably forgot because I've been to many offices.

I often talk to CEOs about shares, and luckily, they accepted my offer, making our discussions quick.

After a while, she turned her chair to face me. But why am I nervous to see her? I'm not scared of this scenario, and the atmosphere isn't tense.

My eyes widened when I saw who it was. "Irene?" I said in disbelief. Is this really her? Why is my heart racing?

I got even more nervous when she stood up and approached me. "Hon, I miss you so much. I'm glad you came back!"

We almost stumbled as she hugged me tightly, even though I was still sitting and she sat on my lap.

I didn't realize she was crying until I felt that my clothes were wet. "I miss you so so much! Please don't leave us again. I need you; we need you."

My brain couldn't process anything. What is going on?

***

Hotsilog is a Filipino breakfast stands for hotdog, egg, and fried rice.

Sorry if I did not update last weekend, I got busy and was too tired to write. Btw, we are still #1 in Seulrene tag, thank you so much for the support! ^_^