Chapter 35

Seulgi's POV

"What? Wait, Irene—"

"You've been calling me 'Irene' for a while now. Why are you calling me that? Where's my Hyun or Hon?" She commented with a raised eyebrow.

What? She was crying earlier, right? I'm confused. What's really happening? Her mood changed so quickly.

"Can you please stand? And there's nothing wrong if I call you Irene since that is your name. What's happening to you? Why are you saying that?" I wanted to get her to stand so we could talk properly.

"No! It's Hon for you! I'll stay right here in your lap. I don't want you to disappear from us again." She whispered something, but I couldn't hear it.

I sighed. What happened to Irene? She's acting so differently now. Where's the Irene who was cold, never lost in a trance, and exuded authority?

The Irene in front of me is different from before. I didn't expect this scenario to unfold. What happened to her?

"What do you mean by 'us'?" I asked because she kept using that word earlier.

Wait! I remember Iseul said her Mom is the owner of AS mall. Does that mean Irene is Iseul's mother? My eyes widened in realization.

Iseul is Irene's child. I didn't expect that. I should congratulate them. But deep down, I feel a bit sad. I don't know why, but maybe my dream of having a child with Irene has come true for Bogum.

"Wait, is Iseul your son?" I asked just to confirm.

Her eyes also widened. "How did you know about Iseul?" Instead of answering, she asked me.

"Well, I met him at the department store's toy section. He was crying, so I comforted him and bought him some toys," I replied.

"So, you finally met our—"

I didn't let her finish because I remembered to congratulate her. "Irene, congratulations, by the way! That should have been the first thing I said when I saw you." I scratched my head. I suddenly got nervous, so I forgot what I wanted to say.

I'm not angry with her, and I have no right to be angry. Like I said, the past is the past, and I've accepted that we're not meant to be.

Her beautiful face wrinkled as she furrowed her brow. "What's that for? Why did you congratulate me?"

"Uh, because you and Bogum are married, right? I wanted to say congratulations and best wishes! I couldn't do it at your wedding since I wasn't—"

"Seulgi! Stop! What are you saying?" She interrupted me with a frown. She looked confused, but why?

"Huh? Well, I was just congratulating you and Bogum, and, oh, best wishes! I hope your marriage lasts. Imagine, you'll finally be able to get the man you truly lo—"

"Stop! What nonsense are you talking? Where did you get that information?"

I swallowed before answering. "From Babe, I-I mean, from Jennie." I truthfully replied. But I hesitated to mention 'Babe' because she gave me a disapproving look. There's nothing wrong with calling Jennie 'Babe,' right? I'm used to it.

"Well, please tell Jennie that she—" She didn't finish her sentence because I remembered something. "Oh yeah! Before I forget, your son Iseul is a good and handsome kid. I'm just wondering, he told me he hasn't seen his Dad yet. So why hasn't he seen Bogum? And where is he?" I asked, looking around her office, wondering if Bogum was here.

I wanted to congratulate him too, and I didn't want to cause any trouble or misunderstandings between them.

With that, I carefully removed her hands that were wrapped around me. "Irene, don't you think Bogum will be jealous if he sees you hugging me?"

Once I had her hands off me, I stood up and created some distance between us. I looked around to make sure Bogum wasn't here. I didn't want another argument.

I was surprised when she turned to me with irritation. "I don't like what you're saying, Hon. Where did you get that? Why are you looking for Bogum? Why are you saying he's my husband?"

I slowly backed away as she approached. "Would you please stop moving away from me!"

"I'll stop if you don't come closer to me. What would your husband think, Irene? If he sees us close to each other, it's not good. He might misinterpret it. And stop calling me Hon. That's all in the past, your husband might think you're cheating on him if you keep calling me that. " I replied. Why was I here in the first place? Right, she called me. But I still didn't know why she wanted to see me.

"Why do you want to see me, by the way? Do we have something to discuss?" I added.

"Yes! And please, sit down so we can settle everything." I was surprised by her sudden shout. Fortunately, I had moved away from her; she was close to where I had been sitting.

"Stop moving!" She shouted in frustration.

"No! I'm trying to stay away from you, especially since you're married now. Let me remind you, I'm your ex. Exes shouldn't do what we did earlier." No matter how you look at it, that's wrong. She's married, for Pete's sake!

She sighed and wiped her face. She was clearly trying to control her temper. "Seulgi, please come here. Let's talk properly, please. I hate this distance between us!"

"Irene, we can talk like this. I told you, if we get too close like we did earlier, what would your husband think? Of course, he'd get jealous if he saw his wife talking to her ex—"

I didn't get to finish my sentence when she shouted, "You're not my ex!"

My forehead furrowed at her words. "What? What do you mean?"

"Hon, I didn't sign the annulment papers. My world would have gone on if I signed them, but I can't bear the thought of us not being together; of not being married anymore. I don't think I can handle seeing someone else make you happy. I don't think I can accept that you're no longer mine, that you belong to someone else."

I didn't realize she had moved so close to me; I felt her arms wrap around my neck. "I know where you've been all these years. I let you go because it's what you wanted, but I told myself that if you ever came back, I wouldn't let you go."

"I won't allow us to be apart again. Now that you're here, I won't let you out of my sight. You're only mine, Hon. Only mine." With that, she kissed me.