Chapter 18

Seulgi's POV

"W-what?" I shockingly said. I am in shocked right now, my heart beats faster than unusual. It feels like something explodes inside of me, the over excited balloon inside me burst. I just stood there and look at her.

I am very happy to know that she like me, even if it's not yet love. We're going there too, aren't we? I know what's the difference between like and love but still, my heart is so full. Because finally!  After so many years of trying, hoping, and waiting, she mentioned the 3 letter word that I want to hear.

I know my progress na, and I'm so happy. I can't describe what I'm feeling right now all I know is I'm happy.

But is it true?

My smile immediately faded when I remembered all the things she said in the past. I still vividly recall her saying that she would never like me. When she dates other guys, and even kisses them.  Then she just recently went on a date, didn't she?

I looked deeply into her eyes. There's something to it but I can't figure it out. I slowly shake my head no. "Y-you're lying. You don't."

I quickly moved away from her. She tried to approach again but I immediately moved away. "Seulgi, it's true! Believe me, all I said is true." Her voice sounded sincere but it's hard for me to believe.

Because how? Whenever something good happens, it is immediately replaced by pain. I can't help but think that she is just playing with my feelings because she knows.

She tried to approach again but I immediately moved away. "No, Hyun. You don't." I said again. You can't blame me, I'm really happy but there's something telling me that don't believe her.

"I do! Why do you decide what I feel. I know myself, Seulgi. I know what I feel, believe me." She frowned when she said it. She seems irritated, I'm frustrated too. I don't know what to believe.

"What do you want me to do? I'll do anything for you to believe me. I'll prove it to you." She continued. Her voice sounds determined, looks like what she said is true.

But I need to think...

She was about to speak again when the elevator opened. I immediately got out and went to the fire exit to get down.

"Seulgi! Seulgi! Where are you going?!"  I heard her scream but I didn't look back and continue.

I need time to think, to process everything. There is a part of me that believes, but a big part of me don't.

---

I was walking on my way home. My mind has been debating whether to believe it or not. Don't get me wrong, I'm truly happy after all those years, she confessed. But I still can't make up my mind if she's just saying it out of boredom or because she's just on a trip.

But Hyun is not a type of person who likes to trick someone. She's a straightforward person and when she says something, that's final. No matter what she says, she really stands by it.  That's Hyun's personality, which many dislike. She has this personality that is commanding, even if you're the highest in her. You will definitely follow whatever she says.

That's how famous she is. So there's part of me that really believes. I sighed, I don't know what to do. Should I believe?

My thoughts got cut off when my stomach growled. Right, I haven't eaten anything after lunch. I look at my watch, it's 11 pm no wonder I'm hungry.

I decided to eat at the cafe that is still open. I just begged the owner that maybe I could still eat, they were already closed and I was just waiting for the rest of the customers to finish.