Chapter 39

Seulgi's POV

"What? Are you serious?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

"'Rene—"

"It's Hyun or Hon!"

It's really amazing how she managed to change her mood so quickly. Just a while ago, she was crying, and now, she suddenly suggested making love, but now her beautiful face was furrowed.

I was about to respond when her expression changed again. "Are you still mad at me that's why you don't call me Hon anymore?" She said sadly, with tears threatening to fall.

See? Her mood changes so fast.

I was still holding her, gently caressing her back. "Okay, okay, don't cry. Stop crying, your beautiful face shouldn't be crying."

She suddenly stopped and hid her face against my neck. I chuckled when I saw her cheeks turn red before she hid her face. My baby is blushing.

"Gosh! Why are you like that! Stop with those lines; you're making me blush," she replied.

I laughed. I liked how vocal she was now.

"So, why did you kidnap me?" I asked after a long silence.

"Isn't it obvious that I want to spend time with you? Besides, you don't want to talk to me; you always spend your time with Jennie and her kid."

"Also, I want to fix us," she paused and placed her palm on my face.

"Hon, come home with us. I hate seeing you so far away from us. Iseul needs a father, and I need my husband. I promise our child, I won't ever come home without you again."

Now that I know that Iseul is my child, of course, I want to be a father. She had been without a father for years, and that broke my heart.

I know how it feels to grow up without a father; I supported my mother and siblings because my father died. I saw how sad my sister was because she never got to see our father.

"Please, Hon—"

"You don't have to beg, Hon. From now on, I'll come home to you."

I held her face with my hands. "I'm sorry for disappearing; I was blinded by my own thoughts. I should have opened up to you and trusted you."

"I should have trusted your love and your words, but I didn't. I shouldn't have let Iseul grow up without a father. I'm sorry, Hyun. I'm sorry for everything; please forgive me."

She kissed my lips. "It's okay, Hon. We both made mistakes; we lacked communication. From now on, we should always be open with each other to avoid misunderstandings."

"I love you," she whispered.

I hummed. Her beautiful face suddenly twisted again. "It's okay if you don't love me anymore; I'll make you fall in love with me. I know you can't resist my charms, Hon. We wouldn't have Iseul if you—"

"Okay, that's enough." I quickly interrupted her.

"Hyun... I also have something to confess." I gulped. Since we were talking, I thought it was better to admit what happened between Jennie and me.

She looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

I took a deep breath before speaking. "The thing is, Jen and I kissed, but don't get me wrong, I didn't know we were still married. I'm sorry; please forgive me." I quickly confessed my mistake.

"What? Repeat and make it clear." She asked in confusion.

I took another deep breath before explaining. "Jen and I kissed. I-I didn't know we were still married, and I swear that kiss meant nothing to us. I-I don't know why she did it. I'm sorry." I gave a long explanation.

I knew it was wrong, even though I didn't know we were still married. It was still wrong because Jen is married to Lisa. That's technically cheating.

I became even more nervous as she looked at me. If looks could kill, I'd probably be dead by now.

A long silence hung between us. She just stared into my eyes, and eventually, I couldn't hold her gaze any longer.

She sighed and spoke after a while. "I know. That's why I called you that night, you dummy! How dare she kiss you! She knew we were still married, but she did it anyway! Ugh, that girl! She's really getting on my nerves."

"Just because I told her to keep an eye on you, to make sure you weren't with another woman. And that brat told me she'd kiss you as payment for my request. She's lucky I didn't catch her that night."

All this time, that's why Jen got angry whenever a woman approached me, even without any malicious intent. She made sure to keep them away.

That's why Jen always stayed updated on our whereabouts when we were traveling. Tsk tsk! I had been fooled once again.

"Hon, I told you, right? I just gave you space because that's what you wanted. But I won't let you go to someone else, no way! With your looks, am I going to let you go to those other girls?"

"They can only admire your handsome face, but I'm the only one who can kiss you on the face, along with our son and our future children, of course."

She cupped my face with her hands. "Your handsome face only matches with my beautiful face. Look at what we've created, a very handsome child, thanks to our genes." She chuckled.

"Enough with that! I want to change the way Jennie kisses you."

She didn't even give me a chance to respond and immediately kissed me.

I guess our second baby is on the way!