Chapter 31

Seulgi's POV

4 years later...

"Babe! Where are you?"

"I'm just waiting for my luggage. Why?" I replied.

"Okay, we'll wait for you outside. Hurry up. Bye, I love you!" She hung up immediately.

I shook my head. It's been a few months since we were apart, and she still calls me relentlessly. She has called me many times already.

I looked around my surroundings. It's been a long time, huh? The airport is much bigger now, and it's more high-tech.

For the past few years, all I did was grow my business and travel around the world.

Remember when I said I was saving up for future use? I used everything I saved to start a business.

At first, my only goal was to survive or find another job. But Jennie convinced me to try the business world, so with her help, I finally opened my first branch in Japan.

The day I left, Jennie and I went to Japan. We stayed there for a few months before traveling again. Jennie is my travel buddy; we are always together, whether for business or leisure.

Jen and I are inseparable. This is the first time we've been apart for so long because she had important matters to attend to in the Philippines.

Once I got my luggage, I went to buy some snacks. I promised to bring a gift for a kid, who is quite emotional.

After buying what I needed, I went outside to look for Jen. I was glancing around when suddenly someone held on to my leg.

"Papa! Carry me," I smiled when I heard her voice.

I immediately picked her up. "My sweetheart! How have you been? Did my baby miss me?"

I planted a kiss on her cheek. "Stop it! You're putting saliva on my face," she giggled as she tried to push me away.

I stopped smothering her face with kisses and contentedly said, "Where's my kiss, baby?"

She shook her head and crossed her arms. She definitely inherited something. "No kiss, you're putting saliva on my face!"

I pretended to be sad and made puppy eyes. "No kiss for Papa?" I pouted.

She shook her head again, so I gave her cheek another kiss. "You don't want to kiss me, huh? Then I won't stop kissing you."

"Okay, okay, fine. I surrender. I will kiss Papa now." She gave in.

She kissed my cheeks and hugged me again. "I missed you, Papa. Where's my gift?"

I affectionately kissed her head. "In my bag, but for now, let's find your Mom. Where's your Mom?" I asked her.

Using her nose, she pointed towards where her mother was. "There, Papa."

I turned to where she was looking, and Jen was there, smiling with her arms crossed, holding a bag and a child named Nini. I walked over to her.

"Hi! Long time no see," I greeted her with a smile.

She smiled and kissed my cheeks. "I'm glad you arrived safely."

I set down my luggage and gently hugged her, making sure to hold Nini properly to avoid any accidents.

She hugged me back and caressed my back. "I miss you, Babe!" She whispered in my ear.

"I miss you too," I replied.

"Let's go eat? My treat!" I invited them, wiggling my eyebrows.

I looked at Nini. "Do you want Jollibee?" I asked her with a smile.