Chapter 19

Seulgi's POV

It's the next day, and we're in our kitchen right now. I even rushed here because I awoke late, I still had to cook, and we had work.

But I was taken aback when I saw Hyun cooking. I offered to cook, but she glared at me and told me to take a seat and wait.

And, of course, I followed her because I'm UNDERstanding. I simply observe her as she cooks. She appears to be an expert, even a chef. Her every move is refined, and her serious face, tinged with irritation, looks good in my opinion.

My thought made me laugh. Hyun is adorable. You're probably wondering what happened last night. We just talked, nothing unusual happened.

We let go of each other and went to the couch after that heated moment. I made her sit on the side because I knew we had something to talk about.

But she surprised me by sitting on my lap and wrapping her arms around my nape. I asked, "Hyun, I thought we were going to talk?" But I also supported her by placing my hand on her small waist.

She smirked and rolled her eyes at me. "Yes, is it wrong if I sit on your lap?" she asked, frowning.

"No, I-I just don't think it's appropriate if we talk in this position."

This isn't the real Joohyun. She is not this vulgar, nor is she brave enough to do so. I'm sure I don't know much about her.

"What do you want to talk about?" she asked solemnly.

I sighed deeply and drew her waist closer to mine.

"Is it true? Are you serious that you like me?" I asked, massaging her back.

She didn't respond right away and just stared at me. Her stares make me uncomfortable, so I turn away. Even after she confessed, I couldn't look her in the eyes for a long time.

I don't know, there's just something to it that makes me feel different. But I love staring at her if she's not looking.

She touched my cheek and made me look at her. "I'm serious, Seul. I will prove it to you, just wait for me."

She rested her head on my chest.  "Please wait for me, be patient with me. I know, it's not that easy to handle me but you can do it. That's why I'm thankful, please hold on."

I caressed her back. "I will. I'll wait for you, Hyun. No matter what."

"Wait for me, Seul. I may not be able to say that word yet, but I assure you. I like you, believe me."

"Seulgi, come on, let's eat!"

I stood up and began serving. She has already cooked, so it is only fair that I prepare.

After praying, we begin eating. As I previously stated, she dislikes talking when she has food in front of her. So we're eating quietly now, enjoying each other's company.

I was the one who offered to wash the dishes after we finished eating. While she was getting ready in her room.

---

I got ready after washing because I still had work to do. I was already outside when I noticed Hyun's car was still parked. She must still be preparing.

Even if she's late, it's okay because she's the boss. I simply opened the garage door so she wouldn't have to deal with it later.

It's safe here because our neighbors know not to do anything that will irritate her. Joohyun owns the village where we live. Because our house is in the center of the village, everyone knows who owns it.