Chapter 23

Seulgi's POV

Several days have passed since we went to the river. After that scene, we stayed for a short while and then decided to go home since it was getting cold and late.

Now, I'm with Seungwan and my co-workers from our department. Our manager treated us to lunch because my wife liked the last project we did.

"Seul, let's eat," I heard Seungwan say.

"Hyung, what are you doing there? You've been focused on your phone," Lisa asked, attempting to peek as I quickly hid my cellphone.

"Do you have something to hide, Hyung?" Jeongyeon asked with a smirk.

I shook my head and started eating. "No, I was just talking to someone. They asked a question, so I answered," I replied.

It's not that I don't want them to know who I'm talking to. I'm just not sure if it's okay with Hyun. Yes, I'm talking, or rather texting, with Joohyun.

She's asking me where I am. I replied that I'm with my colleagues. I was surprised when she quickly replied back, asking for the location.

I hesitated to answer, but in the end, I chose to tell her. I was about to see her response when Lisa interrupted.

I chose to eat, and I'll check Joohyun's reply later. I could feel my phone vibrating with consecutive texts.

As much as I want to grab it and reply, I'm sure my co-workers will question me again.

"So Seulgi, why was Ms. Bae angry with you the other day?" our manager asked.

I suddenly choked, quickly grabbing my glass and taking a sip. Meanwhile, Lisa patted my back. "Are you okay, Hyung?"

"I-I'm fine," I replied.

"So, what happened? Did she get mad at you?" he asked again.

I could feel my face getting hot. If they only knew, she got angry enough to leave hickeys on me.

I shook my head and continued eating. "Ms. Bae just reprimanded me because she thought one of the designs I made was wrong," I replied.

Seungwan was smiling at me. I accidentally mentioned her in the story of what happened before. He's even enjoying it and teasing me, like a joker.

"Boss was really angry and she gave him a mark," Seungwan chimed in.

They all looked at me curiously. "A mark?" Jeongyeon asked.

"Did Ms. Bae grade you? Why?" Lisa asked, also puzzled.

I glared at Seungwan. He was laughing while eating, as if he didn't do anything wrong. What should I say now? This Seungwan is always trouble.

I'll have my revenge someday, Seungwan, you'll see.

"Uh, yeah, she gave me grades because she liked what I did," I said, scratching my head.

They were about to say something when someone suddenly approached me. I recognized her perfume immediately. I knew who it belonged to.

"M-Ms. Bae?" I could sense our manager getting nervous based on her tone.

Everyone fell silent, and the previously noisy surroundings suddenly disappeared. I even heard some gasps, and a few spoons dropped.

What is she doing here?

"Everyone, stand up! Show respect to Ms. Bae!" our manager shouted. Everyone here stood up and greeted her, even those who don't work in our company. Of course, I did the same, although I was puzzled why she was here.