Chapter 5

Seulgi's POV

The sound of my alarm woke me up. I quickly turned it off and sat down. Today is Monday, and I have to go to work. I really don't want to get out of bed.

I got up earlier than usual today because I didn't want to see Hyun today because of what happened. I don't have the guts to continue to face her.

I literally beg, I get down on my knees, I swallow my pride, but I get no response.

I let out a sigh. I should put it out of my mind. I went straight to the kitchen after brushing my teeth and washing my face to prepare our breakfast. Even if I don't want to see her, I won't let her go hungry, even if there's no guarantee she'll eat it.

After cooking and eating my breakfast, I rush through my morning routine so Hyun doesn't notice me leaving. I'll go to the park first because it's still early.

When I'm in the park, I look for a bench to sit on. There are a lot of people here, as I've noticed. Some people are jogging alone, while others are walking their dog, while others are watching people pass by, but others are simply hanging out with their friends.

"Darling, eat this now. This is your favorite, say ah," I look at the elderly couple sitting on a bench. The older lady is trying to feed her husband with a spoon.

The husband shook his head. "Darling, I'm full, but that's fine as long as there's a kiss," He said. I smiled at what I saw. I hope Hyun and I are both sweet.

Grandma lightly pinched him. "We're already old, and you still catch me off guard with your sweet lines."

"I'm sorry, my love. I'm just trying to be sweet to you." When will Hyun and I be as sweet as they are? Will we live to be old together? Will she also pinch my ear if I compliment her? Will she ever fall in love to me?

I let out a sigh. Maybe it was just a dream. I looked at my watch and noticed it was 7:30 a.m. I still had to go to work at 8, so I walked to the office because it was close to the park.

When I arrived at the building, I greeted the bodyguard. "Good morning," I said.

"Good morning, sir. How are you and your wife?" said the bodyguard.

I once told him about Hyun and me. But I didn't say her name. I simply stated that we had a disagreement and that she is still upset with me.

"Were still the same," I said with a slight smile.

He tapped me on the back. "You'll get over it, sir. Just hang in there."

"Thank you, and I hope we do," I said as I walked to the elevator. I'm going to my department because we need to come up with a new idea for Red Velvet's comeback.

---

"Dude, what happened to you? You've been sluggish for a while and you don't seem like yourself. Maybe your wife did something again, right?" Seungwan frowned.

I sighed deeply and shook my head no. "No, I'm just exhausted."

"You can't lie to me, Seul, that's what you always say, so tell me what she did this time."

"Nothing. Come on, I'm hungry, so stop asking questions, okay? I'll tell you the story next time," I said as I drew him to the cafeteria for lunch. Even though I ate breakfast, I still need to eat lunch to replenish my energy.

After ordering food, we quickly found our seats. "Look, Seul," Seungwan said, elbowing me.

"What is it?" I put down my fork and looked at him.

"There!" he exclaimed, pointing with his mouth.

"You look like a duck, Seungwan stop it. What is it?"

"Just look where I'm looking!" he exclaimed, still snouts somewhere.

I look in the direction he's looking. I tighten my grip on my spoon and harden my jaw. The scenery is breathtaking. Joohyun is eating and laughing with another man. They're really feeding each other here, how sweet.

"It's a miracle your wife ate here, Seul." She ate here, which surprised me. I haven't seen her eat here since I started working at her company.

"Is that Ms Bae's husband?"

"Oh, yes, yes. We've been trying to figure out who her husband is for a long time, but he's handsome, so it's all right."

"Don't they look good together?"

What I heard upset me. They are right, they are made for each other. One resembles a dog, while the other is stunning. They are truly look good together.

When that man wiped something beside her lips, I tightened my grip on the spoon even more.

"Kyahh! Did you notice how sweet they are to each other, Beh?"

"Gosh they really look good together!"

They're so sweet that I'm afraid I'll be overwhelmed by them. –_–

When someone kissed my cheek, I stopped looking at them. "Hello, sweetie! I didn't know you work here."

My eyes widened when I saw this person, it was the grocery store girl. What was her name again? Jinni, Jenn, Jennifer? Oh, it's just her.

"What are you doing here?" I coldly asked.

She tries to touch my arm, but I resist. "Aww, don't you miss me?" she asked, her face flushed.

"No, and what brings you here?"

"I missed you, so I contacted my private investigator to locate you, and I discovered that you work here."

"Ehem" Someone cut us off in the middle of our conversation.

"You might want to introduce me, Seul. I'm still here for your information."  Seungwan smirked.

"Ah, Seungwan met—" What is her name? I don't recall. "What's your name?" I asked, looking at her.

"How could you forget my name, cutie?" she asked, rolling her eyes.

"Please allow me to reintroduce myself: I'm Kim Jennie, his soon-to-be wife. Nice meeting you, Seungwan."

Seungwan's eyes widened with surprise. He gave me the explain-it-all look.

I sighed and rubbed my eyebrow. This is another annoyance.

She took my hand away and massaged my forehead with her hands. "Why does your head hurt, baby, and are you all right?"

I was about to take her hand when my shoulder was bumped. "Don't get in my way."

What? I'm not getting in the way. I was still sitting with Seungwan and this girl, as far as I recall.

"Oh, unnie, you're here!" Jennie exclaimed. Does this girl know Hyun?

Irene gave me a brief glance before turning to face this girl coldly. "Jennie, why are you here?" she asked, looking at Jennie's hand on my head.

"Unnie, did you forget I told you I was coming here to see someone?" Jennie answered, her smile still on her face. "Don't be grumpy yet, it's not even afternoon." she added, laughing.

Irene sighed, rolling her eyes. "Leave. And why are you with him in the first place? Do you know this man?"

"Yes, I know," Jennie said, caressing my back. "This is Kang Seulgi, my soon-to-be husband," Jennie said, caressing my back.

Irene's jaw tightens as she locks her gaze on me.

Did I make a mistake again? Please help me...