Chapter 28

Seulgi's POV

"Hyun," I softly said as I held her wrist.

I couldn't help but smile bitterly as she removed my grip on her pulse.

"Joohyun—"

"Why are you here?" Hyun's voice is cold.

"I-I'm here to take you back," Bogum answered. I clenched my fist, will he never stop?

"Really?" Hyun said with a laugh. "After what you've done? Do you still have the audacity to say that to me?"

Bogum approached and attempted to hold Hyun's hand. I smirked as Hyun pulled her hand away.

"Joohyun, forgive me for everything I've done. I only left you because—" He paused, as if gathering his courage.

"Because—"

"Because what?!" Hyun yelled. "Admit it, you left me because my Dad told you!"

My forehead furrowed, even Bogum looked confused. So that's what Dad told him.

"What?" Bogum asked, bewildered. "I-I—"

"You were scared! I thought you would fight for me. I thought you loved me. But why did you give in to fear, to my Dad's threats?" Tears fell from her eyes. Pain was visible in her eyes, as if she was releasing all the pent-up resentment towards Bogum.

She started hitting Bogum's chest while crying. Bogum hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry, Joohyun. It's not my intention to leave you. I-I gave in to your father's threats."

"And besides him, Seulgi also threatened me to stay away from you. In fact, he warned me not to meet you these past few days."

"Hyun, Seulgi has liked you for a long time. That's why he despises me. He wants to separate us, so he took advantage when your father threatened me."

My fist itched to hit him. He's completely twisting what happened.

"Hyun, don't believe her. That's not true!"

I pulled Hyun away from him and punched his face. "You sh*t! You know that's not what happened! Stop pretending!"

All I can see is red. He's lying! We both know that's not what really happened. I didn't stop and continued to punch him.

"Seulgi! Stop!" I finally snapped out of it when Hyun forcibly tried to stop me.

"Stop! Why are you punching him?" she shouted.

I faced Hyun and held her hands. "Hyun, listen to me. He's lying, it's not—"

My words were interrupted when someone pulled me and punched me. "Bogum!"

"Shut up!" he shouted and punched me again. I used all my strength to push him away and punched him back.

All I wanted was for him to stop bothering us! Everything was going fine, but here he is again, ruining everything.

"Stop! Stop!" Hyun kept pleading, but none of us stopped.

We continued fighting until I suddenly felt someone pulling me, trying to stop us.

"Bogum, are you okay?" Hyun asked worriedly. I smiled bitterly, spitting blood from my mouth. She cared more about Bogum than about me.

Right, what chance do I have? He's her first love. Her first boyfriend.

I think my lip split, but it's not as serious as Bogum's injuries.

"Are you okay? Should I take you to the hospital?" My heart broke as she watched Bogum, more concerned about him than her husband.

"Do you feel any pain?" Hyun kept asking.

Bogum shook his head. "I'm fine, Joohyun. You don't have to worry about me. It's just a superficial wound."

What about me, Hyun? Aren't you going to ask about me? I'm not just physically hurt, but emotionally as well. It hurts even more to see that the person you love is more concerned about their ex.

Do you really care about me? What did you make me feel? Are you just playing with me again?

"Just stop this, Seulgi. Let's end this." She said softly. My world came to a halt. Even though she didn't want to, I held her hand, shaking my head.

"No, please, you said you would give us a chance, that you love me, right? I can feel it. Please say yes, don't do this, Hyun. I-I don't think I can live without you. I love you. I love you so much." I may look foolish right now, but I don't care. What matters now is that she doesn't leave me.

I love her so much. I know I won't be able to recover if she leaves me. She's my world, my oxygen. My life revolves around her. She's the reason why I'm still here.

"Please say that you love me too. Please," tears streamed down my face, but I didn't care. Even if they call a man who cries gay, it doesn't matter.

Bogum pulled Hyun and stood in front of her. "Joohyun, choose. Him or me?"

"I promise, if you give me another chance, I won't mess it up. I've changed. I'll do anything for you. Just give me another chance, let's fix our relationship. I still love you, nothing has changed," Bogum pleaded.

Hyun seemed to be contemplating, deep in thought. Our eyes met, and for once, please choose me. Choose me this time, Hyun.

Her emotions were evident in her eyes. It was the first time I saw it. Her eyes were always cold and lifeless, but now they were filled with emotions.

But were those emotions for me? Or for Bogum?

She stared into my eyes for a few more minutes before turning her gaze to Bogum, as if indicating that he was her choice.

I know her. I already knew the answer just by looking at her eyes.

Right. As I said, why did I even hope that she would choose me? Her first love and everything is already there.

Once again, I smiled bitterly as she looked at Bogum with longing eyes. I laughed at myself. I guess the battle is over.

I wiped away my tears and stood up. I glanced at her one last time, knowing it was the end. I'm tired of fighting for myself. This has happened before; she chose Bogum, so why did I expect her to choose me now?

She looked happy and alive. I suppose I should be happy for her. I turned away and started walking. I don't want to disturb them.

I guess for now, I should find a place to stay. I can't go back to where we used to live; she said she doesn't want to see me.

I sighed. Maybe I should start moving on? They say that women never forget their first love.

I laughed bitterly. I lost again.