Chapter 12

Seulgi's POV

"So, where will you take me?" She asked as soon as we got into her car.

I scratched the back of my neck. I don't really know where I'm going to take her, I don't have a plan yet. I plan to invite her the next day.

"I-I don't know," I said as I look down. I can't look straight in her eyes.

"To be honest, I was just going to ask you out tomorrow but you got ahead of me." I continued.

I slowly raised my gaze and looked at her eyes. I took a deep breath to gather my strength. "Tell me Hyun, how did you know?" I asked, looking deeply into her eyes.

She also look at me intently. Don't want to lose here either. In the end, I also looked away. In these situations, I really can't look straight in her eyes.

There's just something about the way she looks at me that makes me feel different emotions.  She's always looks cold but I don't really know, every time she looks at me I would see something in her eyes that I can't identify.

"I just know and stop asking questions. Let's just go to-" She was cut off when my phone rings.

I took the phone from my pants pocket and looked at the caller.

"It's Mom" ​​I said and looked at Hyun.

She rolled her eyes at me. "Answer it, put it on loud speaker."

I answered it immediately. "Hello?"

"Hello to you my dearest son. How are you?"

"I'm good eomeoni. How about you?"

"I'm fine," She sighed before continuing. "But I feel sad."

"Why Mom? Is there I can do to make you happy?"

I even heard her sigh before answering. "I feel sad because my children can't even visit us here."

Hyun rolled her eyes and grabbed the phone from me. "Quit acting Mom. What do you need?"

I heard Mom gasped. "Hyunnie! Are you together? What do you mean I need something, you hurt my feelings ah."  Even though we don't see it, we know that she's dramatically grasping her heart.

"Mom, I know you well enough to the point you're dramatically acting to get something. So what is it?" Hyun asked.

Mom laughed. "You're really my daughter. Anyway, I want you and my son, Seulgi, to come here because we have dinner tonight. Don't you dare say no sweetie, or I'll be mad at you and I won't talk to you forever!"

"Mom, you know I'm busy-"

Mom gasped again. "So your work is more important than us. How dare you! We pay for your school, we raised you, we took care of you, and then I made a simple request and you couldn't do it?"

"I'll tell this to your father!" I can hear Mom started crying on the background.

"Ughh! Alright, alright. Stop crying, Mom. We'll go there." Hyun said, rolling her eyes.

Mom suddenly stopped crying. "Good. Make sure you can go. And give this phone to my son."

Hyun handed it to me. "Mom?"

"Son, come here. Use your power to send Joohyun here. Owh, and dad misses you too, he said he missed your game."

"Yeah, expect us there, Mom. We'll go."

"Okay, we'll see you here. Btw, when are you going to give us a grandchild? You've been married for 3 years-"

Suddenly, Hyun snatched the phone from me again. "I'll hang up, Mom. Goodbye!" She said and hung up.